_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
Photo etched sources
Sandbox
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
entire network: 350 Posts
KitMaker Network: 179 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 18, 2003 - 08:29 AM UTC
What are some good sources for the various photo etched suppliers? Do most people buy direct from Aber, Eduard and other vendors?
MadMeex
Visit this Community
Vaasa, Finland
entire network: 424 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 19, 2003 - 04:37 AM UTC
I shop GP Hobby in Krakow for Aber. Their prices are substantially discounted from US retail, and shipping is reasonable.

Mika
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 19, 2003 - 04:54 AM UTC
I buy Eduard from places like Squadron.com (their comsale prices are great) or from a friend and fellow Armorama member Robert Burnside (aka Alpenflage). He has better prices. I think his link is in his signature block. I found him through his sales on Ebay.

I also hit the local hobby shop for Eduard, Aber and other manufacturers.

I buy 1/72 scale PE from Tracks & Troops in Belgium. This is mainly Part and ExtraTech.

I get a lot of Part and Aber PE from George Parada. He lists sales in RMS or sometimes e-mails sale lists out. He also sells on Ebay as user ID georgep.
sgirty
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 1,315 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 19, 2003 - 05:05 AM UTC
Hi. I tend to get most of my after-market supplies from R and J Products out in Washington State. It's a Mom and Pop type of business and they are both very, very knowledgeable on what they stock and sell and, can point you in the right direction if you're hunting for something for a particular kit. And they have great shipping and pretty good prices too.

rjproducts.com

Take care, sgirty
 _GOTOTOP