_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Panzer IV 1/35 scale boarding ladders
chumpo
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 749 Posts
KitMaker Network: 225 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 17, 2014 - 09:25 AM UTC
Are there any PE kits out there for the boarding ladders of the panzer IV's either by themselves or part of a larger PE . The only ones that I've seen are the PE that comes with the dragon kits . Anybody know of any ?
chumpo
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 04:44 AM UTC
Nobody has any info ? Figured they are off the wall items . The PE from dragon builds up real nice just was wondering if there are any out there to replace the Tamiya and other brands panzer's . They do look nice and it just can't be replicated by plastic .
Thudius
Visit this Community
Uusimaa, Finland
entire network: 1,194 Posts
KitMaker Network: 96 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 07:57 AM UTC
All(?) the Griffon F and earlier sets have them, but I'm not sure if they're available separately. Pretty sure Voyager and Aber do them as well.

Kimmo
chumpo
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Thursday, February 20, 2014 - 01:00 AM UTC
Thanks , needed the general directions . They are parts of aber's 35A03 tool holders .
Thudius
Visit this Community
Uusimaa, Finland
Posted: Thursday, February 20, 2014 - 02:39 AM UTC
Make sure that you get an appropriate set. The step locking clamp setup (the vertical bar) changed slightly when they removed the track tool between the E and F models if memory serves.

Kimmo
chumpo
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Thursday, February 20, 2014 - 04:22 AM UTC
Yes your are right , I did more looking and on the F1/2 the track tool disappeared from the ladder and was stowed somewhere else . Thanks
chumpo
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Thursday, February 20, 2014 - 07:01 AM UTC
I take it panzer IV A to F had a similar set up for the boarding ladder ?
Thudius
Visit this Community
Uusimaa, Finland
Posted: Thursday, February 20, 2014 - 08:08 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I take it panzer IV A to F had a similar set up for the boarding ladder ?

Off the top of my head, I'd say yes. Unless that setup became standard at some point in the production run and wasn't present on the earliest models. I'll need to check my refs.
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 20, 2014 - 10:43 AM UTC
I may have a spare Dragon ladder in my Pz.IV E Vorpanzer. I can cut is open, this evening and check. PM me, if you want it.
chumpo
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Thursday, February 20, 2014 - 10:55 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I may have a spare Dragon ladder in my Pz.IV E Vorpanzer. I can cut is open, this evening and check. PM me, if you want it.

. Thank you sir , but you don't have to . It was the earlier versions , the A ,B and C that I was wondering about . The E certainly has the track tool with the boarding ladder . It's just the PE has a lot of detail that's sometimes lost in the plastic . Correct me if I am wrong but I think dragon did not mold the ladder in plastic on the kit # 6264 or # 6301 . So I believe you would need that ladder on your kit . But thank you for such a generous offer .
chumpo
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Friday, February 21, 2014 - 08:29 AM UTC
Aber PE is kind of hard to get where I am , but while searching on eBay I found the tool holder that have the ladders . So now it's hurry up and wait .
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Friday, February 21, 2014 - 09:31 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

. Thank you sir , but you don't have to . It was the earlier versions , the A ,B and C that I was wondering about . The E certainly has the track tool with the boarding ladder . It's just the PE has a lot of detail that's sometimes lost in the plastic . Correct me if I am wrong but I think dragon did not mold the ladder in plastic on the kit # 6264 or # 6301 . So I believe you would need that ladder on your kit . But thank you for such a generous offer .

Actually, it is part of the etch fret and scratch build the rungs.
chumpo
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Friday, February 21, 2014 - 10:12 AM UTC
Yes sir , on the Vorpanzer 6301 there's no plastic equivalent of that ladder , it's all in PE . The same with the 6264 . Only option is PE . The rungs are plastic or you could make them from brass and solder the whole thing together .
chumpo
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 03:02 PM UTC
On the boarding ladder there was the track tool . Anybody ever ran across any pictures of that being used ? I've gone through a bunch of photos and to date have not seen any . If you do post . I would like to see the set up
 _GOTOTOP