_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
Painting 1/72nd scale Panzer IV J Roadwheels
Wolf-Leader
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 1,225 Posts
KitMaker Network: 463 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 18, 2003 - 03:20 AM UTC
I would like to know, should I paint my roadwheels for my 1/72nd Panzer IV J off the tank or should I paint them while they are on the kit?
I read an article on the "Post Shading Panzers" technic and it says that you should have all the running gear including the tracks on the kit while you start to paint the model. Is this true for 1/72nd scale armor?
Since the Panzer IV J has rubber on its wheels, would it be easier to paint the roadwheels first then put them on the tank after the model has been painted?
Does it matter when you are doing the "Post Shading Panzers" technic weather you are in 1/35th scale or 1/72nd scale?
:-) Can any of you please help me with this delemma??!!!
Zverko
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 177 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 18, 2003 - 12:24 PM UTC
Wolf-leader
armor modellers usually practice different techniques for painting their wheels. In my case I preffer leaving the wheels appart and paint them one by one with the airbrush. Otherwise there will be spots under the wheels that will not be reached by the sprayed pigments. Other modellers preffer to put the whole kit together and then paint it completely, I dont do it though.

GL and post pics
 _GOTOTOP