_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Russian BT-7 service deployment time frame
rdleis
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 55 Posts
KitMaker Network: 23 Posts
Posted: Friday, February 14, 2014 - 07:33 AM UTC
Does anybody know what the deployment time frame would be for the Russian BT-7 I've got one built up on the shelf that I would like to do something with (I've always been fond of the appearance), but I don't know how long they would have lasted in service against the Germans so I'm not sure how to depict it in a dio. Would they have been deployed until destroyed, or pulled out of service as better vehicles went into service? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
nheather
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 295 Posts
KitMaker Network: 90 Posts
Posted: Friday, February 14, 2014 - 11:24 AM UTC
Firstly, let me say that I have no real knowledge of how the BT-7s would have beend operated and maintained but here are my thoughts.

When I look through archive pictures, the tanks all look reasonably well cared for - certainly not rust buckets falling apart as they move.

No matter how primative an armed force may appear, they must look after their equipment. Equipment that doesn't work is at best useless and at worst a risk to life.

The old soldier's adage that you look after your kitt and equipment first, before you get to eat and rest.

Cheers,

Nigel
 _GOTOTOP