_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Most frustrating session ever...
Konigwolf
Visit this Community
Tasmania, Australia
entire network: 368 Posts
KitMaker Network: 16 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 03, 2014 - 01:13 PM UTC
So after a frustrating day where nothing right happens, I finally get some time to settle down and get some more work done one my T-80BV. So start with some PE, off the fret and cleaned up no probs, test positioning piece it get attacked the carpet monster. After a small battle lasting a few minutes I won. Settle down again getting some done the Carpet monster attacks again. After a half hour battle the monster wins this round and I fabricate a replacement part after about 10 minutes work. All PE in place an I realize Trumpeter's placement of parts while not 100% wrong is found on very few of my reference pics. So I remove all the PE, clean up surfaces and prepare to reposition more accurately. All parts except the last in place then the Carpet Monster attacks again. In a battle worthy of legends lasting over 2 hours it slays me, forcing me to replicate a PE part with some horrible curves. How do I feel

Oh well with some sleep behind me I'm ready to face this new challenge, hope it gets better...
chumpo
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 749 Posts
KitMaker Network: 225 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 03, 2014 - 01:16 PM UTC
Wow that's some carpet monster , mean is it not ?
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 10,954 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,873 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 03, 2014 - 02:47 PM UTC
Put some stockings over the hose of the vacuume cleaner and that usually finds whats lost and beats the carpet monster.
ivanhoe6
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 2,023 Posts
KitMaker Network: 626 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 03:13 AM UTC
Good tip Darren !
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 04:15 AM UTC
I drape a towel over my lap and wear short sleeves. To help with the battle of the carpet monster, I also put a large, heavy piece of white plastic under my bench and chair. I have lost five parts in two years. These are your average size parts(a little larger than a grain of sand).
 _GOTOTOP