_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Internet Ordering Process Times?
Konigwolf
Visit this Community
Tasmania, Australia
entire network: 368 Posts
KitMaker Network: 16 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 01:09 PM UTC
Up until a couple of months ago my only experience ordering from international model companies (not including Ebay) was all from Lucky Model. I found that things were usually shipped that day or next business day (if ordering on the weekend).

In the last few months Lucky Models stocking levels have been lower then normal so I started ordering from a couple of other companies, I have found their shipping times to be less than desirable.

First up, HLJ (Hobby Link Japan), First in their defense they do say they only ship on certain days. So far two seperate orders, first took them 3 days to dispatch BUT it was less than 2 weeks to christmas, so far on most recent order its into its third day.

Second is Hobby Easy. After seeing a few good experiences people have had with on these forums. First order took them 6 days to dispatch (back in mid november), Second has been sitting "Confirmed & Ready to Ship" for a couple of days, very frustrating since I paid for "International Express" postage. So wondering is this normal "precessing" for these and other places? Is Lucky Model that far ahead of the competion? Or have I just been unlucky?

your thoughts and experiences welcome?
russamotto
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
entire network: 3,389 Posts
KitMaker Network: 625 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 01:57 PM UTC
I have found Lucky Model to be consistently fast in shipping after an order is placed. HobbyEasy is pretty good, but it can be a few days before things ship. I don't know if it is because of volume or if they, like HLJ, only ship certain days.
Ray28
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
entire network: 209 Posts
KitMaker Network: 63 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 03:57 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Up until a couple of months ago my only experience ordering from international model companies (not including Ebay) was all from Lucky Model. I found that things were usually shipped that day or next business day (if ordering on the weekend).

In the last few months Lucky Models stocking levels have been lower then normal so I started ordering from a couple of other companies, I have found their shipping times to be less than desirable.

First up, HLJ (Hobby Link Japan), First in their defense they do say they only ship on certain days. So far two seperate orders, first took them 3 days to dispatch BUT it was less than 2 weeks to christmas, so far on most recent order its into its third day.

Second is Hobby Easy. After seeing a few good experiences people have had with on these forums. First order took them 6 days to dispatch (back in mid november), Second has been sitting "Confirmed & Ready to Ship" for a couple of days, very frustrating since I paid for "International Express" postage. So wondering is this normal "precessing" for these and other places? Is Lucky Model that far ahead of the competion? Or have I just been unlucky?

your thoughts and experiences welcome?

Dear Andrew,

Thank you for your support throughout the years. Since July 2013, we have some changes within our own internal logistics structure, some new system in place of the old one. Besides, we have acquired another 5,000 sq ft space to "separate" the Kinetic Model stock with LuckyModel (they used to share the same warehouse, but now, we have to separate it). Therefore, inside the transition, we have some setback. But everything has been putting back into position in Jan 2014.

Currently, we are setting the outbound standard back to same day/next day dispatch. Of course, in case of overloading period, we may have 3 days. But for express option, we must delivery within 24 hrs after order placement.

Besides, about the inventory level, actually, we are increasing the inventory to fill the order. I believe that after we implement the real time inventory, the customer "see" the accurate stock qty (not the physical one before packing), some of the items selling quicker than before and making it selling below 6 pcs and giving the idea that we are "low-in-stock". We may not have too-wide selection as compare with others, but for sure, the most important item is "fully" stocked to serve you. (e.g. we have over 450pcs Miniart Tram, but the item sold out within 1 week) so it may make the impression that we are low-in stock.

Going into the 2014, we are investing some new equipment and system to meet the challenge of ever increasing throughput of the logistics demand. Imagine that we have to break bulk a 20' FCL container, load to the rack and release to packing center within 2 days ? That is why sometimes, it takes 2 days to ship a new item. While other competitors possible receiving from the wholesales, we get the things direct and that is why sometimes, it takes few days to dispatch the item.

Anyway, we will keep rolling up to meet the challenging logistics demand.

Regards
Raymond
LuckyModel.com
Konigwolf
Visit this Community
Tasmania, Australia
entire network: 368 Posts
KitMaker Network: 16 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 24, 2014 - 05:27 AM UTC
@ Russ, thanks for the information good to have some extra details from someone more experienced than me with HobbyEasy. The extra time doesn't mean much on a standard air mail item but its something that's good to know when considering express post.

@ Raymond, thanks for the reply. Since you now have separate/extra storage for the Kinetic stock can we now expect Lucky Model to increase the stock on hand levels to previous levels? (or is it my imagination or diversifying tastes in kits the makes it seem lower?)

Either way thanks for the update and current direction Lucky Model is moving. I have always found you guys have great communication from ordering difficulties, to parts replacements (Kinetic kit sprue) to suggestions (Back in 2010 I suggested you put 'in stock' search option into your site and hey presto a couple of days later it was there and very handy ever since).

(No criticism was meant towards any of the mentioned companies just trying to figure out if I need to allow an extra day or 3 when taking into account shipping time and if so with which companies)

_GOTOTOP