_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
US M60A2 Colors
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 4,403 Posts
KitMaker Network: 21 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 17, 2014 - 04:29 AM UTC
Hi, All! Does anyone know if US M60A2 Medium Tanks were ever painted in the overall "Desert Sand" color as we see on many of our contemporary US Army/USMC vehicles? THANKS...

jowady
entire network: 1,027 Posts
KitMaker Network: 115 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 17, 2014 - 06:45 PM UTC
I could be wrong but I remember the overall Desert Tan appearing first on the Armor deployed to and returning from Desert Storm. I don't know if the A2 ever served in the Guard but I'm pretty sure that they were out of the regular Armired Divisions by then.
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 17,694 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,968 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 17, 2014 - 07:33 PM UTC
No, the M60A2 did not wear overall sand camo. They were seen in overall green and MERDC camo, mainly Verdant MERDC. A few may have been in Desert MERDC, but I have not seen any photos of them. They were mainly fielded in Europe and their service life was pretty short.
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 4,403 Posts
KitMaker Network: 21 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 18, 2014 - 07:51 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi, All! Does anyone know if US M60A2 Medium Tanks were ever painted in the overall "Desert Sand" color as we see on many of our contemporary US Army/USMC vehicles? THANKS...

:) THANKS TO YOU GUYS FOR YOUR QUICK AND VERY WELCOME REPLIES!!! I've got several of the old TAMIYA M60A2 kits and I didn't want to lay the wrong paint on any of them...
 _GOTOTOP