Soldier Stories
Served in the military? Discuss your time and experiences here.
Hosted by Dave Willett
"Lone Survivor" The Movie
ubisuck
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 461 Posts
KitMaker Network: 103 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 15, 2014 - 01:00 AM UTC
HI, didn't know where to put this, so I chose this one here.

If you want to watch a movie full of action, please go watch Lone Survivor

I'm not a military man and will never be (at 58yo, chances are slim) so I do not know what is true or false but what I know is I want a good 2 hours of action.

It's based on a true story made into a book. Based on the failed mission "Operation Red Wings" which tasked four members of SEAL Team 10 on June 28, 2005 to kill Taliban leader Ahmad Shah. They were quickly compromised and under attack.
RECON22
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 665 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 10:08 PM UTC
Marc, I agree it is a great film and very moving at the end with the song 'Heroes' by Peter Gabriel......
My only concern with the film (and book) is that it just based on Lutterals account!
I hope he is true to the SEAL brotherhood and legitimate with the story which can be corroborated by no one else, exception being for the Pashtun village incident and the Elder that saved him and protected him.
Either way RIP those Frogmen and thanks to Marcus for a great account of the battle.
ubisuck
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 461 Posts
KitMaker Network: 103 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 02, 2014 - 02:22 AM UTC
You are 100% right. Still it is a good way to spend a 2hours at the movie. Even if the good guy don't win, except for the one. Check IMDB.com and read the page of the movie, couple of facts good to read.

Marc
Recon
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 1,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 648 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 07:02 AM UTC
It was an excellent movie. The Afghan who helped him survive has been to the USA a couple of times. They are trying to get him an immigrant visa I believe (not sure what type).

Mike