_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Greetings and Salutations
Bushioka
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
entire network: 107 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 09:35 PM UTC
I thought I'd just introduce myself to the community since I'm new here and all. Currently I'm an American expat living in central Japan and working as a teacher. Originally I'm from Oregon.

I've been building scale models for about 12 years now and though I wouldn't say I'm a pro I do have some experience. For a long time my specialty was World War II propeller aircraft, especially those of the Axis variety. My first kit (and still a favorite) was a Tamiya 1:48 scale Messerschmitt 262A, which I built two of in my first years of working on kits.

These days I'm branching out to World War II-era armor and early jet aircraft. Normally I use acrylic paints and a brush for kits but my next project will use Tamiya spray paints. I'm very fortunate to live close to our local hobby shop! As an added touch of the unique I like to transform kits into alternate history pieces. This has included a desert-based Japanese marked P40 Warhawk and a Soviet marked experimental plane that was actually built by Japan. Next up, and hopefully something I can share with the forum, is a Tamiya 1:48 scale Republic F-84G fighter/bomber in Luftwaffe markings.
AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 8,156 Posts
KitMaker Network: 593 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 11:56 PM UTC
Welcome aboard Martyn, I'm sure that you will enjoy the site and learn a lot from the folks here. I know I certainly have over the years.

Looking forward to seeing some of your work, the "alternate history" theme sounds very intriguing.

Cheers, D
ubisuck
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 461 Posts
KitMaker Network: 103 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 13, 2014 - 12:46 AM UTC
Hi from St-Jean-sur-Richelieu in Quebec, Canada.

Most of all, welcome. This really is a nice place. You'll be most surprised to read about ex-tanker, building their tank they worked with in Afghanistan or funnier, telling someone about an error in their model because it was their vehicle in the war. It's advice you've got to follow

Marc
 _GOTOTOP