_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Back in the habit
PeeJay74
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 425 Posts
KitMaker Network: 10 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 09, 2014 - 08:28 AM UTC
Hello all. I took the hobby up again after a 20 year break by buying a 1/48 Tamiya P-51D on a whim. What a difference between that and the $4 Monogram kits of my youth, I don't think I could have found a better kit to return with.

I have managed to drive my fiance a little nuts with my "new" hobbby, collecting a tiny stash of kits already, buying every kind of tool I run across, and constantly reading build blogs looking for new tricks and skills to learn. I stick to 1/48 WWII aircraft, concentrating mostly on US planes.

Aeroscale has been a great resource to me, I love the friendly atmosphere and there are some fabulous blogs to follow. You guys have taught me a lot. Glad to be back building again!
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 5,854 Posts
KitMaker Network: 91 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 09, 2014 - 06:19 PM UTC
That's definitely a good kit to get you back in the game, welcome to the family Paul
AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 8,156 Posts
KitMaker Network: 593 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 09, 2014 - 09:51 PM UTC
Welcome back Paul, and welcome to the best scale modeling forum on the inter web, or for that matter in the entire universe!
Don't be shy about posting progress pics or asking questions, the folks here are awesome.

Cheers, D
raypalmer
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,151 Posts
KitMaker Network: 100 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 11:45 AM UTC
Quarterscale aircraft. A man after my own heart. Check out the campaign section on aeroscale, it's a great way to stay motivated and exchange techniques.
 _GOTOTOP