TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
worst war movie ever.
mlb63
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
entire network: 355 Posts
KitMaker Network: 199 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 14, 2003 - 03:41 PM UTC
ok everyone lets have votes for the worst war movie ever mine goes to A BRIDGE OVER THE RIVER KWAI!
sniper
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 1,065 Posts
KitMaker Network: 497 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 14, 2003 - 03:42 PM UTC

I thought 'Bridge' was a classic?

How about Rambo II for a bad one?

Steve
HastyP
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,117 Posts
KitMaker Network: 570 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 14, 2003 - 03:47 PM UTC
Any of the Missing In Action series have to rank close to the worst. Just cheesey BS.

HastyP
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 14, 2003 - 04:35 PM UTC
didn't we just do this a while a go? I thought it was Battle of the Bulge followed by Midway. Other than Bridge over the River Kwai which is not only a classic, it rates as an epic!, I would agree with everyone else's picks as being lousy war type movies
ModlrMike
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 714 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 14, 2003 - 05:00 PM UTC
Bridge Over the River Kwai is a classic. Based on a true story, those that participated in the real event say that the film makers only made one small change for the sake of Hollywood. That change being the American sailor "saving" the day.

To answer your question however, I'll agree with HastyP. The MIA drivel along with the others that came out around that time. Sadly, there were only a few good films made about the Vietnam era; The Green Berets, Hamburger Hill, and Platoon to name the more notable ones.
mlb63
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
entire network: 355 Posts
KitMaker Network: 199 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 14, 2003 - 05:17 PM UTC
ok anyone who has seen any of my postings will probably know that my uncle hugh was a pow on the kwai i asked him a long time ago what he thought of the movie .his reply was just this ''a load o rubbish '' it was very hard to get him to talk about it .
chip250
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 1,864 Posts
KitMaker Network: 606 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 14, 2003 - 06:10 PM UTC
I would have to say, any Chuck Norris one man Vietnam rescue squad for P.O.W.s would top my list. Battle of the Bulge was pretty corny, but I suppose for its day it was pretty cool.

~Chip :-)
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 15, 2003 - 05:53 AM UTC
ModlrMike you liked Green Berets? Most Vietnam vets I know HATED that movie. Wasn't this the one that had John Wayne watching the sunset in the ocean off the EAST coast of Vietnam?

I think Battle of the Bulge has to rank way up there for bad war movies. Watching it really leaves the impression that the Germans captured Bastonge, that there was a huge tank vs tank battle with Shermans running around under the guns of King Tigers, and that the whole battle was won when some lost and scared American GIs blew up an ammo dump. Not to mention the corny, even for the time, special effects.

Another real dog, made about the same time as I recall, on the naval side of events is In Harm's Way. This one also has some pretty lame special effects, and has a heavily outgunned American surface force, somewhat like Tatffy 3 in Leyte Gulf, drive away the Yamato with a cruiser destroyer force. My favorite gaffe in the movie is where Kirk Douglas, flying high above the ship, can tell that the Yamato has 18" guns but can't count the number of turrets saying, "it's got FOUR big turrets."
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 15, 2003 - 05:57 AM UTC
Two words, Castle Keep.

Worst Movie Ever, war or otherwise. This movie sucked so bad it effected the tides...

Shaun
sniper
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 1,065 Posts
KitMaker Network: 497 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 15, 2003 - 06:00 AM UTC

Blaster is right, this was just talked about.

How about a new thread? Certainly there must be something else or another way of asking?

How about most/least convincing actor in the role of soldier?

Steve
ModlrMike
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 714 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 15, 2003 - 06:31 AM UTC
Rodger, I like Green Berets solely as a movie. In the greater context of the Vietnam war, you're right, it's way off base.
What about Apocalypse Now and The Deer Hunter? I forgot about those two... Doh!
sphyrna
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 379 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 15, 2003 - 03:53 PM UTC
PEARL HARBOR

what a waste of computer resources....

HORRIBLE MOVIE - AN INSULT TO THE ENTIRE HUMAN RACE
AIRBORNEDAD
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 57 Posts
KitMaker Network: 51 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 04, 2004 - 05:06 AM UTC
Greetings All,

Here is my vote for the MOST CONVINCING ACTOR (S) in a movie from most recent memory that I'm sure most of us have seen already.

MEL GIBSON- a/k/a LTC Hal Moore & SAM ELLIOTT- a/ka/ SGM Basil Plumley from the Vietnam classic "WE WERE SOLDIERS".

Having been lucky enough to have been down @ Ft. Benning during some of the initial filming and getting to meet both LTC Moore AND some of the actors, it made me REMEMBER some of my Basic Training and Jump School time back in the mid 1970's.

SGM Plumley = MY old Basic Training "DI" who was one of the Army's FINEST NCO's of the time, SSG JUAN C. JIMINEZ . This man and 12 weeks help to "mold" some of "us" into the soldiers that we are today. Having seen / survived combat myself, some of us NEVER FORGET THOSE WHO TOUCH OUR LIVES.

Thanks As Usual,

ABD