_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
EuroModelShop - A WARNING
Biggermancats
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 3 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 06, 2014 - 10:38 PM UTC
This post is by way of a warning to fellow modelers concerning an online model supplier based in Switzerland called " EuroModelShop " which seems to be run by a man called Daniel Roh.
On the 10th December 2013 I ordered and paid for a set of Masterclub resin Panther track links. This item was ( and still is ) listed as " In stock " and the website terms and conditions state that items in stock will be dispatched within 48 hours. Today is the 7th January 2014 and my order still has not been dispatched. My order details simply state " Processing " and " Pending ". I have sent four emails to Mr Roh and so far I have had only one reply containing a vague excuse about being " behind on orders "
We make models because we take quiet pleasure in creativity, detail and historical accuracy, so it is frustrating and annoying to encounter a business which doesn't supply the order, doesn't respond to enquiries and doesn't offer a refund.
I strongly urge readers of this post to consider any other alternative to placing an order with this company.
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED !
Anirudharun
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 597 Posts
KitMaker Network: 35 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 07, 2014 - 05:52 AM UTC
Hello Simon,

I'm surprised you've had problems with EuroModelShop. I've ordered from them quite a few times with no issues - quick process/dispatch to UK, and Daniel has been quick to respond in the past.
Not making excuses but perhaps try emailing him again, and failing that see if your card company can stop the transaction?

Cheers
Anirudh
Biggermancats
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Tuesday, January 07, 2014 - 06:45 AM UTC
Hello Anirudh,
thanks for the advice, I've emailed Mr Roh again ( 5th time so far ) and as usual with no effect.
I re-checked my account details and also as usual they still state " processing " and " pending " NOT " Dispatched " so as far as I am concerned, my warning to all fellow modelers still stands. Payment in full was made so there is no way to stop the transaction which is a shame because I could use the money to buy the tracks from a reputable company.
Thanks again.
Simon.
Anirudharun
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 597 Posts
KitMaker Network: 35 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 05:51 AM UTC
Hi Simon, I'm surprised, but I guess there's nothing more than can be done. I assume you've seen the note on the site:
EuroModelShop

Cheers
Anirudh
Biggermancats
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 09:12 AM UTC
Hello again Anirudh,
many thanks for your interest and the link to the statement from EuroModelShop. I had not seen this before and it goes some way to explaining what may have happened at EuroModelShop, however it does not excuse it.
As I have stated, my order was placed, accepted by EuroModelShop and paid for on the 10th December 2013. If there was a problem with delivery at that time, I should have been notified and given the chance to place my order elsewhere. If Mr Roh is closing his website for three weeks, he ought to have time to answer emails from his customers and furnish them with a proper explanation of any problems he may be encountering.
It is my view that a business which lists items as " In stock " when they may not be for pecuniary gain is a business which is flirting with fraud, of course this may be an instance of simple incompetence in which case Mr Roh needs to sort his business out, which is what seems to be happening
Whichever the case my warning about EuroModelShop to other modelers is both wholly valid and timely.

Thanks again,
Simon.
 _GOTOTOP