_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Badger 150 or Badger 175?
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 13, 2003 - 07:59 PM UTC
I have seen this on a local art shop. Both of them costs the same price. Badger 150 comes with a wooden case and Badger 175 comes in a triangular box. Which of these two will you recomend? I've read from their website but I'm still confused on what to buy. Thanks for the help!

Anything that will match this category

-Finer lines
-Easy Clean-Up
-Longer AB Life
-Tough and durable parts
-Best for Enamels
TankCarl
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
entire network: 3,581 Posts
KitMaker Network: 678 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 14, 2003 - 11:05 AM UTC
Buy the 175 Cresendo.I have one and it goes and goes and goes.A double action brush is so versatile.The meduim nozzle can do almost all that is required for Armor modeling.I have used the fine nozzle to do some camo work. (++) (++)
RotorHead67
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 1,174 Posts
KitMaker Network: 161 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 14, 2003 - 12:44 PM UTC
HEAR HEAR,
I own a Badger 200 and Have never been sorry. BUY the 175 and you wont be either!!
zer0_co0l
Visit this Community
Limburg, Netherlands
entire network: 1,432 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 14, 2003 - 08:37 PM UTC
I have a badger 150... it is also double action... with medium needle and nozzle.

its all the same the only diffrence is that with the 175 in the triangular box you get the cotton? hoose and with the normal 150 you get the rubber one..

I love my 150 its the most sold airbrush over here. and I just bought the hoose

ok for the finer lines.. I believe both sets have the medium head and medium nozzle.
so they make the same lines. For both you can buy the fine needle and nozzle.

easy cleanup. well badger isnt the easiest spray to clean. since its a head nozzle system you have to spray trough yr airbrush with thinner and then take the head and the needle out and clean them. if you want a really easy to clean aibrush you have to consider a aztek you only have to spray trough and clean every now and then.

badger 150 and 175 are both solid metal airbrushes. so they have a very long lifetime that means... if you clean them good and treat them propperly, an other nice part about badger is that you can get all the parts in the brush as spare parts, so you can extend the very long lifetime to your own lifetime

tough and durable parts. well see the little story above treat the ab good and it will go on and on and on like stated above

best for enamels.. well I myself spray enamels and I dont have any complains

hope this helped you out a little
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 14, 2003 - 11:45 PM UTC
I've got the 175 and LOVE IT, it is rock solid and does everything. Wouldn't hessitate to recommend it.
If zero_cool's saying the only difference is the hose and needles (you get all three with the 175) then it's a matter of cost on the 150. I personally don't see the advantage of a cloth vs. rubber hose if you treat it well.
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 15, 2003 - 02:17 AM UTC
Thanks for the input guys! Now I can really improve my skills!
zer0_co0l
Visit this Community
Limburg, Netherlands
entire network: 1,432 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 15, 2003 - 05:37 AM UTC
slodder to comment on your remark.

the rubber hoose winds up when you use yr airbrush you never put it back the same way you pick it up the cloth one doesnt wich is great. I bought the cloth one and I never want anything else but this can be just me
 _GOTOTOP