Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Merry Christmas
North4003
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 960 Posts
KitMaker Network: 175 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 23, 2013 - 09:14 PM UTC
I would like to extend a greeting of Merry Christmas to all of our members and their families. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFnW_CrPUlA

Brent Arritt
jkb_sprint
Visit this Community
Thessaloniki, Greece / Ελλάδα
entire network: 402 Posts
KitMaker Network: 8 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 24, 2013 - 08:43 PM UTC
Merry Christmas to all of you guys and your families.
My best wishes especially to anyone that had to spend these days away from their loved ones serving their country.
North4003
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, December 25, 2013 - 02:27 PM UTC
Merry Christmas John.
North4003
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, December 25, 2013 - 02:28 PM UTC

A Merry Christmas to you and your families. We are listening to George Frederic Handel' Messiah. Every note, every phrase is perfect in bringing the message of Jesus the Messiah, the Savior, as the only acceptable price for our sins. The work is a musical sermon, a great witness to all generations that have followed every time it is performed.

Handel was asked to compose the Messiah by his friend Charles Jennens a devout Anglican who had written a libretto about the life of Christ and the work of redemption, with the text completely taken from the Bible.

At the time Handel was depressed, bankrupt, in physical pain, and opposed by individuals seeking to sabotage his career. Handel was a devout Lutheran, and often commented that he felt closer to God when composing works of praise. Read the history here.
http://www.christianitytoday.com/ch/131christians/musiciansartistsandwriters/handel.html

He began the composition on August 22, 1741 and within 24 days he had composed 260 pages. When Handel finished composing what would become the Hallelujah Chorus, he said, "I did think I did see all Heaven before me, and the great God himself."

When faced with adversity fill your heart with gladness and hymns of praise. To God be the glory.
Brent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZTZRtRFkvk
sweaver
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
entire network: 759 Posts
KitMaker Network: 131 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 26, 2013 - 04:11 AM UTC

Quoted Text

A Merry Christmas to you and your families. We are listening to George Frederic Handel' Messiah. Every note, every phrase is perfect in bringing the message of Jesus the Messiah, the Savior, as the only acceptable price for our sins. The work is a musical sermon, a great witness to all generations that have followed every time it is performed.

Handel was asked to compose the Messiah by his friend Charles Jennens a devout Anglican who had written a libretto about the life of Christ and the work of redemption, with the text completely taken from the Bible.

At the time Handel was depressed, bankrupt, in physical pain, and opposed by individuals seeking to sabotage his career. Handel was a devout Lutheran, and often commented that he felt closer to God when composing works of praise. Read the history here.
http://www.christianitytoday.com/ch/131christians/musiciansartistsandwriters/handel.html

He began the composition on August 22, 1741 and within 24 days he had composed 260 pages. When Handel finished composing what would become the Hallelujah Chorus, he said, "I did think I did see all Heaven before me, and the great God himself."

When faced with adversity fill your heart with gladness and hymns of praise. To God be the glory.
Brent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZTZRtRFkvk

I never tire of hearing the story of the creation of this piece of music. Thanks for telling it again.

I heard it once live and left thinking "This must have been divinely-inspired."
North4003
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, December 26, 2013 - 05:15 AM UTC
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Samuel.
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 29, 2013 - 09:45 AM UTC
I'm a little late for Christmas, but I hope everyone has a great new year! I'll be homebound on a plane.
North4003
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, December 30, 2013 - 03:11 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I'm a little late for Christmas, but I hope everyone has a great new year! I'll be homebound on a plane.

Matt, have a safe journey and Happy New Year.