Post your parts needs here.
Want ex-kit 1:48th Junkers 88 cockpit
Mainly28s
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 6 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 21, 2013 - 05:26 AM UTC
I managed to get a 1:48th Hobbycraft Ju 88 at a really good price, but found (much to my disgust) that the cockpit is a total mess (mirror image, and poorly designed to boot).

I was wondering if any of you kind people out there might have a spare plastic cockpit lying about after replacing the kit contents of any other manufacturer's version with a resin kit that would look better than the junk I've got with my Hobbycraft kit? I can make whatever I get fit, but a scratch build is a little beyond me as a (re)starter (I haven't built a 'plane in more years than I care to remember, and this will be my first return to aviation in a long time.

Happy to work something out (I'm UK-based), but I can't justify spending more on a resin kit than the plane cost!
Littorio
Visit this Community
entire network: 4,728 Posts
KitMaker Network: 279 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 21, 2013 - 07:15 PM UTC
Hi Olaf, firstly welcome to the site

On the question of the Ju-88 cockpit I may be able to help you out with the cockpit and complete front fuselage from the Dragon Ju-88A-6 as I have just ordered the parts to convert mine into a H-1 version.

Until it all arrives though I won't know for sure what I'll have spare, if your not in a rush and can wait until the new year then I'll know for sure.
Mainly28s
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, December 21, 2013 - 11:11 PM UTC
Hi Luciano,

Mille grazie- that sounds absolutely perfect. There's definitely no rush, as my modelling time is pretty limited until mid-January (Festive Season, anyone?).
So an H-1? That sounds fascinating (and big). As I'm only returning to aviation modelling, and to a different scale, I'm still learning what's out there. Depending on how this and my Eduard '108 Taifun go, I may actually start spending a lot more time modelling.
Mainly28s
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, March 29, 2015 - 02:48 AM UTC
Hi all, as I'm going to try to start the kit now after an absence, I'm going to bump this topic.
Does anyone have a spare old cockpit lying about?
 _GOTOTOP