_GOTOBOTTOM
Tools & Supplies
Discussions on the latest and greatest tools, glues, and gadgets.
Hosted by Matt Leese
Xtracolour Paints in Canada
2002hummer
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 812 Posts
KitMaker Network: 105 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 19, 2013 - 06:02 AM UTC
Hello,
Does anyone know if and where Xtracolour paints are available in Canada?
Mcleod
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 1,028 Posts
KitMaker Network: 41 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 20, 2013 - 10:18 AM UTC
I may be incorrect on both these points, but:

1. The Xtracolor line is a product commissioned by Hannants, and only available through them, as is the Xtradecal line.
2. New laws instituted by 'regulators' on behalf of the over-used safety excuse, render alcohol/mineral spirit based products harder to aquire, and definitely not obtainable via mail-order on an international basis.

Other than that, I wish you all the luck trying to find a handy, local supplier.

I'm having trouble acquiring desirable paint products where I live too. At least, not without having to drive 2.5hrs one way.
Berwickboy
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 450 Posts
KitMaker Network: 63 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 21, 2013 - 03:41 AM UTC
Not only do Royal Mail restrict the carriage of enamel and lacquer paints but have now deemed acrylics as 'dangerous' and only allow 4 units per pack. I have heard stories that they rip parcels apart that seem to flout these laws. The best way of transporting these is by carrier who seem to have no such restrictions. Check on the Hannants website http://www.hannants.co.uk/ but they do not seem able to send paint outside Europe, however, an e-mail would answer your question
 _GOTOTOP