_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Another new guy
jetmaker
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 1 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 16, 2013 - 11:54 AM UTC
Hey everybody!

I used to play around with plastic models when I was little, but never had the patience. Then, I grew older and got into other things. For whatever reason, I just got the bug recently. I make real airplanes for a living, hence the screen name, and I have always enjoyed working with my hands involving things requiring attention to detail, close tolerances, and overall quality craftsmanship, so scale modeling just seemed like a good fit (pun?)

I'm a US Army veteran, and I love military history, so my interests are in military models, both armor and aircraft. I decided to start with an armor piece. I just got a Tamiya M113 - the basic, Vietnam-era one. I figure it's simplistic enough, yet involves things like working with track, so it's a good starter. Plus, it wasn't terribly expensive. I'm really looking forward to this build. I'm also curious to see if this turns into a long-term hobby. So far, I have a pretty good feeling about that
 _GOTOTOP