_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Hi, first model after a 25 year break
canibefrank
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
entire network: 3 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 15, 2013 - 03:29 AM UTC
Hi all,

Just saying hello and thanks for the help (quietly been reading in the back ground). Stopped modelling about 25 years ago in my mid teens, but decided to give it a go again after jealously viewing projects online.

Always used to build Tamiya AVF WW2 in 1/35th, so it was fitting that I should choose a Tamiya kit (plus they are arguably an easier build) but changed scale to 1/48th.

Tamiya 1/48th Crusader Mk I/II, opted for the Mk II coz I brought myself an airbrush, wanted to have a bash at the camo, no other reason than that. Oh and the fact that I'm ex army and the Crusader was used by my regiment, have always been interested in that period, Gazala (Mk I) etc how the hell they did it I don't know.

Really enjoyed the build, learnt loads too, probably got about an inch of paint on it after all the terrible weathering and camouflage efforts.

Actually pleased with how its come out though, better than I could have hoped for. Really looking forward to my next build a Dragon Sherman III DV 1943... just have to see if I finish it

Thanks again.
 _GOTOTOP