Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Help I Want to Spray Inside
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 08, 2013 - 09:45 AM UTC
How can I go about convincing my dad to let me spray inside? I have a spray booth and an area next to a window. He is convinced I will get paint on everything. With the weather here, like it is I need to spray inside. If it is not raining and windy, it is sunny and windy. I would also like to be able to spray, when it's dark out. We don't have enough of a backyard to set up a workshop. The really crazy thing is, he bought me the spray booth knowing what its purpose is.
viper29_ca
Visit this Community
New Brunswick, Canada
entire network: 2,247 Posts
KitMaker Network: 718 Posts
Posted: Saturday, November 09, 2013 - 10:57 AM UTC
If your spray booth is vented outside, the only place the paint should be is inside the booth, and there should be no smell unless you are using some of the more nasty smelling enamel or lacquer based paints.

Kinda the whole point of a booth is to keep the mess and the smell in once place.
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
Posted: Saturday, November 09, 2013 - 01:10 PM UTC

Quoted Text

If your spray booth is vented outside, the only place the paint should be is inside the booth, and there should be no smell unless you are using some of the more nasty smelling enamel or lacquer based paints.

Kinda the whole point of a booth is to keep the mess and the smell in once place.

I know. He knows, too. He just doesn't believe that the atomized paint will be fully vented.
Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 4,691 Posts
KitMaker Network: 668 Posts
Posted: Saturday, November 09, 2013 - 01:19 PM UTC
Maybe he needs an up close demonstration to show the efficiency of your booth,but it really depends on if he wants to be convinced or be stubborn
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
Posted: Sunday, November 10, 2013 - 12:05 AM UTC
I'll set it up on my back porch. Hopefully he should be able to tell that there is no atomized paint escaping, after a few painting sessions.