_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Problems with Hobby-Space
ComaBlack
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 194 Posts
KitMaker Network: 31 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 07, 2013 - 11:41 PM UTC
Hi all;

Just wondering if anyone else orders from a site called Hobby-Space and if they have had any recent issues with their orders. I've had a half dozen go smoothly over the past year or more, but my two most recent are plagued with problems. The frustrating part is just trying to get a response back from them!!

So, just curious if this is a current trend or just me. Thanks Armorama!!
t-bolt
Visit this Community
Indonesia
entire network: 13 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4 Posts
Posted: Saturday, November 09, 2013 - 07:00 PM UTC
yes, I have ordered from them.
and I agree communication is sometimes a problem.
it is very hard to get a reply.
but don't worry just keep sending them email.

on my last order, they told me to install skype,
and it seems that they reply faster with it for now.
ComaBlack
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Sunday, November 10, 2013 - 10:33 AM UTC
Thanks T-bolt, I have since tried Skype and was excited to get an e-mail reply. However, just more "we'll check". I fear this deal will end with a paypal refund. I remain hopeful enough to try Skype again during more reasonable business hours at their end. Being that we are exactly 12 hours apart makes this rather inconvenient and makes me wish they were better with e-mails.

I will keep this thread updated on my progress as a warning to others. This is a site that advertises here and indeed has an Armorama banner on their main page. It would be a shame if other members were treated the way I have been.
mzaborsk
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
entire network: 116 Posts
KitMaker Network: 36 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 10, 2013 - 01:12 PM UTC
I have and order pending with them now.... I will keep everyone posted....does everyone remember Tank Rats?... leaving information on how these websites perform is the best thing best since sliced Bread....

Michael
ComaBlack
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, November 12, 2013 - 02:04 AM UTC
Thanks Michael; it'll be interesting to hear what your experience is like. Waiting to hear!!

Update: Hobby-Space has yet to respond to numerous requests to add me as a Skype contact. Also no further response through e-mail. I have six more days to upgrade the Paypal dispute to a claim, though I intend to do it in five. As before, I'll keep this thread updated.
ComaBlack
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, November 13, 2013 - 04:22 AM UTC
So, this ordeal is finally over for me. A refund was issued after I -finally- contacted them via Skype. As it turns out in the time that I've been waiting, one of the items I ordered has gone out of stock. Out of frustration and a desire to be done with this I requested a refund. Which was issued in no less than two minutes. Rather confusing when its taken two months to even get solid information.

Full story, for those who mind;

Oct 1- Placed order for Dragon 1/35 figure set. Paid by Paypal e-cheque. Order #7169
Oct 6- Placed order for Trumpy 1/35 M16A1 and M1911. Paid by Paypal e-cheque. Order #7120

E-cheques cleared on the 9th and 15th of October respectively. Hobby-Space account showed orders paid in full (screenshots taken for proof.). From then, it was posting comments on the order pages of their site, and two e-mails albeit before their new e-mail address was posted on their main page. Within these e-mails (and the subsequent two to their new e-mail) contained screenshots from their own site and from Paypal to show that I had paid in full.

After this, my Hobby-Space account was updated to show that I had only paid a very small fraction of the order. An amount that matched up exactly with the fees charged by Paypal. So despite having proof of payment, they showed a balance due of almost the entire amount.

Paypal dispute filed for both orders on 29th October. Two more e-mails were sent to the new e-mail address provided, as mentioned above. On the 2nd of November I received two e-mails from Hobby-Space, the first of which indicated that they would be shipping the orders soon.

From then till 10th November there was no further contact or change to my order. I got an e-mail on the 10th saying they would check. However, no response since.

Today I contacted them finally by Skype. The excuse given was that they are very busy and because I paid by e-cheque they missed it. They also claim to have 'missed' the 10 e-mails sent to them over this time span, 6 of which have been to the new e-mail.

SO! In summary to those who didn't want to read;

Be wary in your dealings with Hobby-Space. Their customer service works long hours but don't give much in the way of real information. Furthermore, their systems for payment seem unreliable.

Michael; hoping things go better for you. Good luck!
mzaborsk
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, November 15, 2013 - 11:29 AM UTC
So I got my order today picked it up at the US post office....Even though they never responded to my E mail.... I got my Kettenkrad 1/6 scale...it got billed corectly.

Remember when you have a problem with a website post....No company wants bad publicy.

Michael
mzaborsk
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, November 17, 2013 - 10:55 PM UTC
They sent me an e mail today ....looks like their trying to fix their web site problem...Could be good news for somone who has an order problem with them.

Michael

_GOTOTOP