_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Soviet T-62s in Afghanistan
metalhead85
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 219 Posts
KitMaker Network: 30 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 18, 2013 - 07:20 AM UTC
Hello all,
I'm trying to find out what the camo color(s) would have been for a Soviet T-62 in Afghanistan. In one book by Steven Zaloga, he states that it was black over dark green but sone where (can'y remember exactly) I heard the color was a dull sand color. Anyone have pictures or know where I can get a definitive answer. Your help is much appreciated in advance-thank you.

Rich M.
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 7,219 Posts
KitMaker Network: 981 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 18, 2013 - 05:43 PM UTC
I saw an @$$load of them while I was there, and never saw black over green. The ones that were strictly Soviet that I saw were either green, or sand over green.
3rdArmoredVet
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 148 Posts
KitMaker Network: 36 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 18, 2013 - 07:23 PM UTC
I agree with 18Bravo. My brother-in-law did 3 tours over there and sent me hundreds of photos of armor and the '62's all were either a faded version of the standard green or a sand color over the green. I will try to find the flash drive I have those photos on tomorrow and send you a few if you need them.
metalhead85
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 219 Posts
KitMaker Network: 30 Posts
Posted: Saturday, October 19, 2013 - 04:00 AM UTC
Thanks so much for the replies guys...I thought as much. I have the book from concord titled "Armor of the Afghanistan War" by Steven Zaloga and in it are some color pics of other vehicle types with a sandy -gray color over the dark green so it stands to reason that they would follow suit for the T-62s...just wasn't sure. Also,I saw a video on you-tube of T-62s from the 5th Guards Tank Division (the same pics from the book), but it was hard to tell. Not that I use youtube as reference.....anyway, thanks again for your help guys !!

Rich M.
 _GOTOTOP