_GOTOBOTTOM
Scratchbuilders!: Aircraft
This is a group for aircraft scratchbuilding questions, topics and projects.
Hosted by Mike Kirchoff
1/48 scratchbuild saro lerwick
ludwig113
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,381 Posts
KitMaker Network: 176 Posts
Posted: Saturday, October 12, 2013 - 12:22 AM UTC
hi all,
this is my first major scratch build so any tips would be useful but it seems to be going fairly smoothly so far...

i seem to have become obsessed with the saunders roe lerwick s.36, why i dont know... but after finally getting my hands on the contrail 1/72 vacform last year and doing a load of research i found it had quite a few problems with shape etc, so i decided to build my own....

i'm not regretting it so far but i am taking it slowly so this will be a long term project.

the story so far...

thanks for looking.

paul
Joel_W
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 11,666 Posts
KitMaker Network: 121 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 13, 2013 - 02:19 AM UTC
Paul, my limited modeling skills at best just allows me to detail what's basically already in the box. Those of you that have the talent, skill, and knowledge to scratch build are a notch above the rest of us.

Will be following your progress with much interest.

Joel
ludwig113
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,381 Posts
KitMaker Network: 176 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 02:58 AM UTC
hi all,

this project is still on going, i've had to re-do a few parts, as i've found more information and pictures.

i also spent a while making some rtv moulds and resin castings of parts such as engines and exhausts.

its a slow process, especially making sure that both halfs of the fuselage are symetrical, but once the masters are completed things will move quicker.

paul
 _GOTOTOP