_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Must visit LFS in Vancouver and Seattle??
dogstar
Visit this Community
Canada
entire network: 109 Posts
KitMaker Network: 6 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 06, 2013 - 02:20 PM UTC
My wife and I are taking a trip to Vancouver, BC next week with a couple day visit across the border to Seattle.

I haven't been to Vancouver in years and Seattle in even longer so I need some local advice on what stores should I visit?

I build mostly 1/35 armor/figs/ships and 1/25 autos these days and it seems my local brick and mortar shops just aren't bringing anything new in, I'm not sure what there are for "good" hobby shops but both Vancouver and Seattle are quite a bit bigger than Edmonton so I'm hoping there will be a bigger shop with more variety.

I understand supply and demand and business demands but if the kits they bring in aren't selling perhaps they're bringing in the wrong kits, but that's a whole different kettle of fish.
md72
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 4,950 Posts
KitMaker Network: 564 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 06, 2013 - 02:37 PM UTC
Well, for what it's worth, try Emil at Skyway Hobby He's dedicated to plastic kits, almost no other hobby stuff. Galaxy Hobby is a full range hobby shop, Plastic, RC, trains, crafts.
There's a Hobby Town at Everett Mall and Broadway Hobbies on Broadway in Everett. THey're both full range hobby shops.
dogstar
Visit this Community
Canada
entire network: 109 Posts
KitMaker Network: 6 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 08, 2013 - 05:38 PM UTC
Thank you Mark, I'll look into those and find a way to slip them into the plans
Jessie_C
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 6,965 Posts
KitMaker Network: 609 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 08, 2013 - 06:09 PM UTC
If you're going to be in Vancouver on the 12th, you need to come to the IPMS Vancouver Fall Show.

For hobby shops, they're getting few and far between, but there are Burnaby Hobbies, Imperial Hobbies and Magic Box Hobbies to start with.
 _GOTOTOP