_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Filipino Modelers Phorum
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Really, what are you cooking?
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 1,612 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,129 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 06, 2003 - 01:28 AM UTC
Let's talk about food in this thread.

Post what you love to cook, what you love to eat, what foods you've discovered recently and want to treat us - ahem - share with us someday.

Recipes are very much welcome!

NO MODELS OR CHINITAS HERE! hehehehehe
jomz
Visit this Community
entire network: 543 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 06, 2003 - 04:58 AM UTC
For the people up north, check out MR. Kebab up in QC. If you're familiar with TIMOG, it's around that area. They serve really good Middle-Eastern food, plus they're mostly open at ungod-ly times of the night! Mind you, this is a pretty packed place once the clock strikes 2AM.

If you're not much of the shawarma fan (though the food at Mr. Kebab does extend far past the shawarma-fad), try checking out David's Tea house, reminiscient of the hole-in-the-wall tea-house: Hap-Chang, David's manages to pull off some nice dimsum selections, and at really nice prices, too.

My oh my, GI does manage to conjure some out-of-this-modelling-world-topics, huh.
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, December 06, 2003 - 05:08 AM UTC
Hey, I'm bored, so cut me some slack, will you?

Ungodly hours, eh? Why oh why are you up late at night over there... hmmmm...

Dammit. It's 0110. AND I'M HUNGRY!

Rule #1: Do NOT stay up late at night unless you have pizza with you.

Which leads me to ask: Does ANYONE deliver beyond midnight? Wendy's used to - well, at least here in this part of parana-q, but when their sole branch at Sucat-Hiway closed due to Jollibee...
jomz
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, December 06, 2003 - 06:47 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hey, I'm bored, so cut me some slack, will you?

Ungodly hours, eh? Why oh why are you up late at night over there... hmmmm...

Dammit. It's 0110. AND I'M HUNGRY!

Rule #1: Do NOT stay up late at night unless you have pizza with you.

Which leads me to ask: Does ANYONE deliver beyond midnight? Wendy's used to - well, at least here in this part of parana-q, but when their sole branch at Sucat-Hiway closed due to Jollibee...

HAHAHA! Hmmm I forget which part of Pque you're from, do tell me so the next thing you pop this question I could triangulate the nearest mess-hall for you, or do send me over a text. Hehe!

Hmmm, well IIRC, Domino's is able to render their services after-hours, though I've not tried calling them up nga lang -- most of the time I call upon Domino's to satiate me during merienda.

But if you are really hungry, and can't seem to rummage for food in the pantry, and have a way of transportation -- a trip to BF (well they did use to have Hungry Hippo) could get you somewhere, Miggy's? Or some burger joint. Plus there's always GOODAH, but last I was there the food sucked, so with the service, plus the "crowd" is pretty spooky if you're alone. "BOSS! Bilin mo tong 10 peso sampaguita ko" with the matching hatak sa sleeve, not that I have anything against peddlers, sometimes they just cross that line.

Anyways, back to the topic of ungoldy-hour-satiation. The best bet would be a trip to Better Living! My oh my, the nice grills, and hole-in-the-wall places they have there actually serve nice filling food, for a very hungry wallet.

Why I'm up late during those hours, THERE? Hahaha! Well it just so happens that I've got blood-sucking vampires for my gang of friends, me being one of the diabetic vampires hence I get really cranky and hungry very often -- where we eventually end up eating out. Hehe! You'd be astonished at what you have to put up with during these ungodly hours.
cardinal
Visit this Community
Visayas, Philippines
entire network: 1,008 Posts
KitMaker Network: 492 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 06, 2003 - 06:58 AM UTC
Beef steak or Bistek

1 kilo beef sliced
1 medium sized onion sliced
4 pcs. kalamansi
1/2 cup soy sauce
4 tbsp. veg. oil
salt & pepper @ your discretion

Marinate beef in kalamansi juice & soy sauce. Fry onions in oil until transparent. Add beef & cook until tender.
jomz
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, December 06, 2003 - 07:05 AM UTC
Ovaltine Kanin

Get your left over rice, whatever floats your boat: basa o tutong. Get your standard issue powdered chocolate drink, for this operation we'll have the ultra tasty Ovaltine. Adding milk is an option, but nonetheless Ovaltine will do. Mix it with the rice! Yup! Powder + Rice, then if you're the sugar freak, add SUGAR! Mix it all up until you have a consistent oatmeal looking mixture, and dig in.

CHOLESTEROL HEART-ATTACK SURPRISE

Had fish for dinner? Or even better, porkchop?
Head on over to the kitchen, get the oil!!! Get the kanin, again whatever floats you're boat, but this mostly has best results on tutong rice, avoid fresh rice on this one as it tends to get too sloppy. Get your oil, AGAIN! in moderation soldier, as you wouldn't want to have a chunk of oil sticking in your right aorta like a piece of styrene-flash. Mix the oil into your rice, and sprinkle with salt! Add whatever you want, heat up some spam, hotdogs or eggs, kahit ano!

Dig in! Oh and get a check-up the next day, plus make sure to do some PT within 48 hours.

Masarap yan.
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, December 06, 2003 - 01:58 PM UTC
Ovaltine kanin? Sus, napakasosyal mo naman - it's so like Assumption, noh! Champorado tawag dun!

Baked Tuna

1 Pyrex container
Several cans of Campbell's Cream of Mushroom
Onions
Tuna in cans
Potato - lots
Butter and/or olive oil

Butter or brush olive oil the insides of the Pyrex container - yes, you won't need that hammer to break it into pieces. It's not an ingredient.

Drain your tuna. When drained, put first layer of tuna chunks on the Pyrex until whole thing is covered. Slice potatos and put slices on tuna making second layer. Third layer is the cream of mushroom - just spread it until the second layer is covered. Then add sliced onion rings on top of the cream. After that, do the layering again - tuna, potatos, cream of mushroom, onions - layer after layer until it reaches the rim of the Pyrex container. Then cover the whole thing with a last layer of cream of mushroom, then place a few slices of butter on top.

Put in pre-heat oven (forgot the temp - for 30 mins or an hour) and leave it there for 30 minutes to an hour. Serve hot.
blitz
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 502 Posts
KitMaker Network: 432 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 21, 2003 - 05:50 PM UTC
Anybody got a good receipe for Sans rival since Xmas is fast approching, I'm thinking of baking one for Noche Buena...I tried it this afternoon but it was a total flop..I got a toasted meringue
 _GOTOTOP