_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Hello from Alabama...
meowmonster
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 27 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 30, 2013 - 10:21 AM UTC
I'm Edward, and I can answer the first question I know everyone has-yes, I have a cat, and yes, that's why I chose the handle. I'll have to post a pic of her being said monster for you guys to laugh at. I've been modeling since i was seven or eight, and my father was a huge influence, having been a scale modeler in his youth and winning quite a few awards for his cars. I've spent a lot of time in gunpla (Gundam models) but I'm settling down with a subject very dear to me, the modern IDF. I studied Krav Maga in college as well as majored in theology, so I spent most of my time dealing with the subject of Israel. One of my best friends is a Palestinian Christian, so I've had a lot of interesting insights over the years.

I find myself in an interesting position-I have all the time in the world to work on my models, as I'm disabled and therefore not working any more. The downside is that I end up having to scratchbuild more as I don't have the money to buy every update that comes. Win some, lose some. I'll post some of my scratchbuilding when I get home from this doctor's appointment, it's an in-progress IDF Viper robot. I have some finish sanding left on it's compatriot, the IDF's Skylark I drone. My Meng Merkava IIID Early should be in Tuesday, and I can start working towards something a little more concrete.

A lot of the reason I've joined is to make sure that what I build is as right as I can get it. Some people do it for the purpose of OCD (and I have it very bad) but for me it's about respect-better men than me spent the coinage of their lives to buy freedom. Throwing stuff together "however" isn't something I can let myself do. I love to see "what ifs" of things that never made production, though. I just don't want to mix parts because I don't know better.

I'm sure I'll be posting to learn more about the subjects I model, and offering what help I can to others. I worked designing a lot of computer systems, as well as a little medical equipment, and if I can help someone make something more accurate, I certainly will.
russamotto
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
entire network: 3,389 Posts
KitMaker Network: 625 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 30, 2013 - 03:49 PM UTC
Welcome aboard, Edward. Sounds like you have the right motivation. I look forward to seeing your work.
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 01, 2013 - 12:40 PM UTC
Hi, Edward. Welcome to the site. I have a furry little nemesis, as well. I also am disabled and have a very limited income. I buy my big builds, in parts. Just pick something you really want to build and wait until you can afford the am stuff. Although, scratch building is fun too. I'm sure you will find a lot of help, here. I look forward to seeing some of your IDF builds. Having personal insight makes models turn out exceedingly well. Build, build, build. Never sleep. And, above all else have fun.
Robbd01
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
entire network: 791 Posts
KitMaker Network: 161 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 01, 2013 - 12:58 PM UTC
A warm welcome from another state that starts with 'A'

Of course here it is a cat free zone - yes there is 3 of them in the picture

Cheers
 _GOTOTOP