Airbrush repair and best air hose
melkavitch
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 48 Posts
KitMaker Network: 38 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 30, 2013 - 07:12 AM UTC
Hi,
I finally got the leak in my air compressor fixed, now on to the Badger 150 airbrush. I have determined that air is leaking from the valve assembly. Should I try to get a new one, easy from Badger. or just get a new one as this is a flea market find that I have been fooling around with. Also, the braided air hose leaks where it attaches to the airbrush, fixable or get new one? If new, what is the best way to go?
Thanks,
Mike
Robbd01
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
entire network: 791 Posts
KitMaker Network: 161 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 30, 2013 - 07:55 AM UTC
Might want to try Badger first. I finally had to send in my 2 30+ year old badgers in for repair/refurb. Just $8 to pay for return shipping.

http://www.badgerairbrush.com/Service-Supprt.asp

Cheers
Delbert
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 2,659 Posts
KitMaker Network: 865 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 30, 2013 - 08:01 AM UTC
Hi Mike

If you want to get the airbrush rebuilt like new just send it back to badger..

Badger Return Info here

Doesn't matter where you got the airbrush as long as it is a Badger.. LOL

Badger Customer service has a fairly good reputation also. I dealt with them a few years ago and had no problems.

Delbert
melkavitch
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, September 30, 2013 - 11:06 AM UTC
THANKS Robbie and Delbert! I emailed Badger, just hadn't heard yet, but the airbrush will be winging its' way to them in a day or so!!
Appreciate it greatly!
Mike
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 01, 2013 - 01:02 AM UTC
Agree on Badger service. I got my 100 at a yard sale. It developed a problem 7 or 8 years later. Popped it off to Badger and got a mostly new airbrush.

As far as the hose, I have pretty new Badger you can have. Contact me at [email protected] with you mailing address. It has a proprietary Badger connector at one end and a pipe fitting (3/8 inch?) at the other. This fits my old Sears compressor an is a standard size. If it will work for you, it's yours.
melkavitch
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, October 01, 2013 - 03:53 AM UTC
Thanks AJ!! Message sent!
Mike
chumpo
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 749 Posts
KitMaker Network: 225 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 01, 2013 - 01:41 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi,
I finally got the leak in my air compressor fixed, now on to the Badger 150 airbrush. I have determined that air is leaking from the valve assembly. Should I try to get a new one, easy from Badger. or just get a new one as this is a flea market find that I have been fooling around with. Also, the braided air hose leaks where it attaches to the airbrush, fixable or get new one? If new, what is the best way to go?
Thanks,
Mike

When you say the valve assembly , do you mean the portion that's depressed by the trigger ? The leak , is it where the air hose hooks up to the airbrush or is it at the body of the airbrush . Take an eye dropper and use alcohol , put some at the joint and see if it bubbles ? There's a small o ring inside unless the o ring is gone . Anything is fixable , just how much trouble do you want to go through . Next put the paint well on and fill it with alcohol do you have bubbles in the well . If it does the Teflon head seal is worn or you could just take some Teflon pipe tape and put a small amount on the threads of the head assembly . Next is the needle bearing , does the airbrush spit and sputter , sometimes they get worn out , and let air leak through . The braided line , is it the fitting that screws into the airbrush or is it the hose it self that's leaking ? There's a very thin gasket that sits inside the fitting that screws into the airbrush , you could just cut a piece a gasket from paper might not be durable but will work . If it's where the hose hooks up to the fitting then the hose could just be too old and is dry rotting or cracking ? You could cut the end off and redo it but hoses are real cheap at Evil bay with free shipping .
melkavitch
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, October 02, 2013 - 11:21 AM UTC
Thanks, I'll check those out. The airbrush is on its' way to Badger.
Mike
 _GOTOTOP