_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Hello from Holland
cliffnetherlands
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
entire network: 86 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 25, 2013 - 12:58 AM UTC
As always on a new forum it's polite to first introduce yourself, so here i am. Cliff de Booy. 42 years old. From Rotterdam in the Netherlands.
Besides modelling my main hobbys are music, photography and cooking.

As i kid i loved to glue model planes together. And although i stopped the real modelling for a good 25 years. The intrest never went. My main intrest back them were world war 2 planes. And by now has grown to the classic planes. So prop planes from the 30's to the 50's. Civilian ánd militairy. And also helicopters. I'm not really intrested in the technique of them. it has always been aboout the look and history of a plane. (although now that i got a bit more serious as a modeller the technique is becoming more important. You just need it to build a good model, don't you?)

As a modeller i would call myself an advanced beginner. At the moment i'm trying to get to grips with the airbrush that i bought lately. And as with everything new it has it's ups..and it's downs. LOL. But that's ok. All part of the learning proces.
I prefer to build in scale 1/72. Somehow that just works for me. I don;t have a preference for a brand. But with my weird taste i always seem to end up with short run kits.
For me my models don;t need to be the perfect copy of a specific aircraft. But i do want the airplane to be a good representation of the real thing. So although i will make some compromises for looks or for scale..it has to be realisticly defendable.

I'm already a member of a dutch model forum. But i thought it would be fun to expand my horizon a bit. Learn new tricks. Get new idea's and inspiration. And most importantly. Meet new people. And discovering there are members here from all over the globe..I think that wont be a problem.

To end my introduction some pictures of the models i already did...Starting with my first try 4 years ago..

Airfix P-61 Black widow

a PM model Hawker sea fury "Reno air racer"

A revell Hawker hurricane in what if..Dutch 1941 camouflage

My last build and the first one with airbrush.

(I did start a few other builds but they didn't reach the finishing line..)

And currently i'm working on: ...

A AZ model Beech staggerwing

a Revell westland wessex

and as a fun thing to the side...a symbiotic worm spaceship

FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
entire network: 8,797 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,186 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 25, 2013 - 01:07 AM UTC
Ola Cliff

Welcome here on the board mate. Hope you will have a good time here. Already some good looking work there. I'm an armor modeller myself but lately I find myself building more and more aircraft for pretty much the same reason as yours only with the Aestethics of WW1 Aircraft.

Welkom ook in het Nederlands. Armorama heeft een eigen nederlandstalige afdeling genaamd Kitmaker Benelux. Kijk even op http://benelux.kitmaker.net je kan daar gewoon inloggen onder je eigen username en password Misschien kan je je daar ook voorstellen. de Flyboys daar zijn altijd blij met een nieuw lid
 _GOTOTOP