_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Filipino Modelers Phorum
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Miriam Santiago's son.......stuff
Fritz
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 495 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 04, 2003 - 10:53 PM UTC
He's a scale modeller...........scary......................Watched Jessica Soho reports last week or last two weeks & saw some scale military equipment in his shelf, a Flak 36(88 mm), & an in-progress Fieldmarshall Rommel. Watcha thinkin' ?
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
entire network: 1,612 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,129 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 04, 2003 - 11:25 PM UTC
Let's just say that "not all that you see is what it really is." I'm not kidding. There's a rumor out there about what reaaaally happened that night which may or may not be true.

BTW Fritz, I *think* I know what you're thinking but do not be afraid. Many here have been in the hobby for a long long time. If they had suicidal tendencies, then they shouldn't be here posting. I for one do not have suicidal tendencies - yet (hey, I'm in law school, I'm working, liquid cement fumes do funny things to the brain, my X-Acto knife is really sharp, I've got a coping saw, oh look! A 220 volt socket!).

Her son was - from what I've heard - a good and decent kid. I bid him rest in peace and condolence for his family.
lonewolf
Visit this Community
entire network: 478 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 05, 2003 - 01:36 AM UTC
Poor lad..The pressures of family, school and peers....

Modeling was supposed to be a hobby to relieve all the tension, but unfortunately, I think it didn't work out for him...

Being a child of a really prominent person really is hard...I guess all those drove him into ending it... It's not his fault, anyway. But that's no reason .

Too bad..He could have been here with us....

m:-)
Fritz
Visit this Community
entire network: 495 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 05, 2003 - 02:26 PM UTC
I"m quite doubting the speculation that he killed himself. He was a good marksman & I think he accidentally pulled the trigger while handling the gun. Killing oneself because he just failed bigtime in lawschool is not a reasonable.......reason to die for such a decent guy.

BTW, his works are actually nice. That rommel was something to look at & so is his Flak. We may never know but he may have actually lurked in this site. Well maybe Missing-lynx too you know.
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
entire network: 1,612 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,129 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 05, 2003 - 08:13 PM UTC
Let's see... according to scuttlebutt, parafin tests were negative. There are some indications that it wasn't, uh, "self-inflicted."

Of course, the official storyline is suicide and to respect him and his parents, we should take that perhaps as THE true story. But then...

Re:Suicide and law school - trust me, it CAN and it DOES happen.
 _GOTOTOP