_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
Where to start on a AFV build
tigermate08
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 5 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5 Posts
Posted: Saturday, September 21, 2013 - 12:33 PM UTC
I have been building models for a while now but I see videos and builds on here and see people assembling there entire vehicle before paint where as the way I was taught was to assemble and paint as I go. should I been assembling before I paint anything? and is there any good dvds that will help be become better at modeling AFV in general?
chumpo
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 749 Posts
KitMaker Network: 225 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 23, 2013 - 03:32 AM UTC
There is no one way to do this . Whatever you are comfortable with is what you stick to . If you find it easier to paint and go then it's paint and go . Only way to find out is to try it . Now don't use this train of thoughts with women it could get you into trouble .
lawman56
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 9 Posts
KitMaker Network: 8 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 23, 2013 - 06:10 AM UTC
I agree with doing what's most comfortable to you. I generally wont't purchase an AFV model, unless I have an idea for a diorama already, so my approach is a little different. Generally I tend to paint as I go, but a lot of that depends on photoetch, weathering, detailing, etc... There's no right way or wrong way.
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
entire network: 6,048 Posts
KitMaker Network: 845 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 23, 2013 - 08:51 AM UTC
I assemble almost everything before I paint. If you can see it you can paint it is what I go by. As regards DVDs Compendium make what look like very helpful ones but there are also lots of very good videos to help modellers on Youtube
tigermate08
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 5 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 23, 2013 - 10:56 AM UTC
thanks for the advice much appreciative
 _GOTOTOP