_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Hi!
GarretMasterson
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 3 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 17, 2013 - 05:19 PM UTC
Hi guys! I'm new here. I'm gundam modeller for about 4 years now and recently I'd like try doing armors and ships.

I hope to learn alot from everyone
windysean
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 1,917 Posts
KitMaker Network: 133 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 17, 2013 - 08:57 PM UTC
You've come to the right place! You'll learn a lot here.
Feel free to share what you have learned from Gundam too. That's a nice transition place to armor modeling.
Now the big question we always ask each other, World War II or modern or something else mainly?
Cheers,
Sean H
GarretMasterson
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, September 19, 2013 - 02:03 AM UTC
Thanks Sean! I like to start with world war 2 armors mainly shermans and panzers but I also like to do an M1a1 abraham tank one of these days. 1:35 being my preferred scale

I've alraedy bought a dragon 1:35 panzer iv d kit. I'm researching the forums for a basic guide/tutorial and the proper assemblies of armor kits before I start working on it

Sure I can give some ideas on building gundam kits. If anyone have a question about building gunplas feel free to PM me
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Saturday, September 21, 2013 - 12:09 AM UTC
Welcome to the site. I'm on my way out of armor kits, but you picked a nice one to cut your teeth on. The parts count should rival that of any Gungdam. If you a building for practice or just for fun, the Pz.IV D is a great kit. If you are building for accuracy, you have a long way to go. Now, if you really want to have fun try a Sherman. Field mods from all over the place. And, they weren't as strict about certain colors being used. If you need any panzer parts, let me know. I look forward to your builds.
GarretMasterson
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, December 12, 2013 - 02:53 PM UTC
Thanks Matt! I've recently just finished a Dragon 1/35 M4a3 76(w) Sherman Tank and I must say the process is refreshingly different from building a gundam kit. I had alot of fun weathering the kit as well. I just submitted it as an entry for IPMS Philippines Nationals 3 days ago.

Right now I'm building the Dragon 1/35 Pz.Kpfw.IV Ausf.D since I've found a guide for the kit over the net and I'm quite impressed with the amount of details it has. This'll keep me busy all the way till the christmas holidays.
 _GOTOTOP