_GOTOBOTTOM
Network Talk
For discussions about network-wide site topics, announcments, etc.
Getting some odd Malware reports...
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 03, 2013 - 09:42 AM UTC
I am not sure what's going on just yet. I got some emails from our domain registrar warning that some of our domains or sub-domains are on Google's Malware alert system.

Specifically:

scahms.org
fresno.ipms.us
48thscale.com

What is odd is that I don't get any reports via Google's Webmaster Tools that there is a problem with any of the main domains I am tracking there (I don't actually track those three), but we are on one big server and system here so all the sites share files, etc. What Google IS telling me is that there is a problem on the ad server but it doesn't give me any details. Nor is going to the ad server site (adserver.kitseller.net) popping up one of those red screens of death. So... I guess I am asking that if anyone sees any odd behavior via clicking on a link on this site (pop ups saying install or upgrade your anti-virus, etc) be extra careful. Malware aren't hard-drive eating viruses, but they can cause a lot of headaches to remove sometimes.

I did check the ad server files and nothing seems to be amiss. What has happened in the past is that a site where an image is hosted (or the linked to site itself) is compromised and so they basically start warning if you are on a site that links to a site that links to a site. Sort of stupid in some ways. One day we are going to login to Gmail and we are all going to get a warning about malware. hehe

Again let me know if you see anything odd.

Thanks,
Jim
Robbd01
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
entire network: 791 Posts
KitMaker Network: 161 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 03, 2013 - 10:33 AM UTC
If you do get anything may I suggest using Malwarebytes and for those tough to remove spots Combofix.

There I did my IT service.

_GOTOTOP