_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
Anyone tried Tamiya tracks in Trumpeter T-54?
lentorpe
Visit this Community
Alava, Spain / España
entire network: 104 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 03, 2013 - 02:57 AM UTC
Hi all,

I want to know if it is possible to use the Tamiya rubberband tracks in a Trumpeter kit - Normal aftermarket is not an option for me, but I have the possibility of buying a pair of used Tamiya´s. But I am not sure if they would fit LENGHTWISE. I know that in any case I would have to reduce the Trumpeter sprocket´s width to match that of Tamiya tracks. Maybe I would have to arrange new teeth for the sprocket. That is OK, it wouldn´t be so difficult.

I plan to relax the suspension of the road wheels of my Trumpeter kit until they have a more or less correct relative position compared with sprocket and idler, but knowing that Trumpeter´s hull is not only too thick but also almost 5 mm too long, I wonder if relaxing the road wheels will be enough for the Tamiya tracks to not only be able to close but also to sag conveniently.

Any advice? (Other than stamping the Trumpy kit against the Wall and wait till the end of the crisis to buy a Tamiya kit)
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 03, 2013 - 06:39 AM UTC
If it is your only option, go for it. And, let us know if it works. All part of the learning experience.

BTW: I love your avatar. Possibly the best line out of the whole movie.
lentorpe
Visit this Community
Alava, Spain / España
entire network: 104 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 03, 2013 - 08:23 AM UTC
Haha, thanks - but I wish it was a bit less close to the real thing - that´s me!

Now completely off-topic, I once got into one of those senseless discussions with some Muslims and those... (---put your own words here, I am bound by my acceptance of fórum politeness rules---) thought that I had chosen SATAN as my avatar!
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 03, 2013 - 09:43 AM UTC

Quoted Text

...senseless discussions with some Muslims... thought that I had chosen SATAN as my avatar!

LOL Probably because he is white and cloaked. But, we digress.
 _GOTOTOP