_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Meng Customer Service
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 22, 2013 - 11:20 PM UTC
Nothing but good things to say about Meng customer service. I contacted them directly, for replacement parts. I received a response, within twelve hours. They immediately sent replacements. Best customer service I have ever encountered. Will continue buying from them, despite damaged pieces.
chumpo
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 749 Posts
KitMaker Network: 225 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 23, 2013 - 11:14 AM UTC
They have to have good customer service if want to continue with the high prices. Good help cost a lot .
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
Posted: Friday, August 23, 2013 - 11:22 AM UTC

Quoted Text

They have to have good customer service if want to continue with the high prices. Good help cost a lot .

Why do you say they have high prices? I would expect Dragon and Trumpeter and even Tamiya are quite expensive. Even Italeri is jumping on the inflation band wagon.
chumpo
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Friday, August 23, 2013 - 02:25 PM UTC
At the rate the models are going up in prices and its every body, it seriously put a damper on model building. And by the way ever ever tried to get customer service from Dragon . It's like pulling teeth from a chicken.
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
Posted: Friday, August 23, 2013 - 02:39 PM UTC
Dragon is better than Trumpeter. I ordered a kit from an online store, in Hong Kong. There was a damaged piece. The store referred me to Trumpeter, who referred me to Stevens. Stevens said that, because I purchased a kit from a company that was not supplied by them, I had to take it up with the company I bought it from. The company referred me to Stevens.
chumpo
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Friday, August 23, 2013 - 05:18 PM UTC
Get a load of this. I bought a Dragon T26 from Stevens International, aka AAA Hobbies in Magnolia NJ. With out thinking about it I started to assemble the kit. When I got to the turret it would not mate to the hull, the turret interfered with the engine compartment and would not turn to fit into the hull . Well Steven;s said I already built it so I would have to take the issue with Dragon care. Dragon care wanted a receipt, plus proof that Stevens had the item in stock, plus they wanted pictures and all that good stuff, before they finally said I out of luck and they could not do anything for me. I finally wound up filing the turret till there was clearance for the it to rotate and catch the two slots to allow it to drop into the hull. After that I never dealt with dragon care again. I learned that you dry fit everything before even starting the assembly. After a year or so of going to Stevens because there are no hobby shops worth going to within a 30 mile radius I finally got to know the individuals working there then there was no problems getting replacement parts for the models they sell.
Another issue I had with Stevens is Mr. Color paints, well they retail them and they don't have a display rack. So they have to go into the back to get them, well they come in pack of 6 and we went at it when they told me I had to buy 6 of one color because they did not want to break the pack apart. they finally did when I said going to stand outside with a sign saying what they wanted to do. And I even threatened to call the TV station about the matter. they are assenite and rude until you get to be friends with them .
andromeda673
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 584 Posts
KitMaker Network: 37 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 25, 2013 - 01:14 AM UTC
Italeri, hands down worst customer service, I was in the process of building a F22 raptor, the top of the fuselage had a short shot in the modeling, I contacted Italeri direct, they wouldn't respond, I sent a few emails, finally I got a response of "dear sir, we can not see the defect in the part"

I sent numerous pictures and numerous angles, finally I was pointed in the direction of the US supplier, I sent pics, and was told I had to go through Italeri, after stating my case with the us supplier, they said they needed the original receipt, the store I bought it from and proof of purchase, after supplying all of that, I still have not heard or received the part. I have since completely given up on the model, chalked it up to experience and have since refused to buy anything Italeri.

How hard would it be to send me a new part? I wasn't asking for the sun the moon and the stars, I paid good money for the kit, just a little help would have been nice.

Here's a pic of the said "non defect part"

_GOTOTOP