_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: AMPS
Topics about AMPS (Armor Model and Preservation Society).
AMPS 2004 whos going?
warhog
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 568 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 01, 2003 - 05:40 AM UTC
who's going? were we going to meet and whos bringing the refreshments?????
TankCarl
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
entire network: 3,581 Posts
KitMaker Network: 678 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 01, 2003 - 05:46 AM UTC
So far a group of armor geek friends and I are planning on renting a van,and driving down. (++)
SlapHead
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 291 Posts
KitMaker Network: 96 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 01, 2003 - 06:17 AM UTC
Im flying over for it...had such a good time last year,,,and I have to get the Tee shirt !!
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 01, 2003 - 07:36 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Im flying over for it...had such a good time last year,,,and I have to get the Tee shirt !!

Did you bring models? If so, how did you pack them? How was security with them? I'm thinking of going to the IPMS Nationals in Phoenix next year and have to consider the means of packing/transporting models to meet the current regulations.
kkeefe
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 1,416 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 01, 2003 - 08:10 AM UTC

Quoted Text

...If so, how did you pack them? How was security with them?...

Al,

Pre 9/11, I flew twice with models. I built a hand-carry box for them that would fit either under the seat or in the overhead. Easily opened for inspection. Only problem that I had was the liquid cement (flammable) that was in the box(es). The box(es) never left my possession. Tell the x-rayers that there are fragile items in the box as it's going thru the x-ray.

Things are certainly different today, but I would think that as long as the box can be easily inspected, and will fit under or over, you might not have any problems. Give the airline of your choice a jingle to be sure of the rulings today.
SlapHead
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 291 Posts
KitMaker Network: 96 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 02, 2003 - 12:47 AM UTC
I flew international to AMPS East this year with two...(one got a gold !!)...I used a CLEAR (so the can see inside) box with expanded foam inside...secured the models with tooth picks stuck into the foam...worked a treat...they are more intreased in the models than the case that was full of CAST'a'COAT powders !!...knives glues etc....put them in your case in the hold....in fact...buy some glue when you get there...saves on spills !!

_GOTOTOP