Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Sciatica
PanzerKarl
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,439 Posts
KitMaker Network: 283 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 16, 2013 - 10:31 AM UTC
Anyone suffer with sciatica?
Has I have been sitting for long periods when modelling and looking for work I start to get dead legs and some tingling in both feet.Went to my doctors and she put me on strong pain killers but still getting the same feeling,my right leg is worst.
I sit on a office chair with a soft sponge but still no good.

Share your pain if its happening to you

Karl
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 16, 2013 - 10:38 AM UTC
My legs get so sore, they make it difficult to stand up. Between that and sciatic nerve pain, I have had to limit the amount of time I sit. I try to move around, every thirty minutes. Don't think it is a condition my doctor can alleviate, though.
PanzerKarl
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,439 Posts
KitMaker Network: 283 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 16, 2013 - 11:12 AM UTC
Glad am not the only one.Its hard to try and stay away from modelling for a few days and just rest your legs but I always get a few hours in
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 16, 2013 - 11:39 AM UTC
I think they make socks, for low blood pressure. From what I understand, these may help.
TacFireGuru
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 3,770 Posts
KitMaker Network: 747 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 16, 2013 - 02:23 PM UTC
Karl,

Waaaay back in '95, '96, I was diagnosed with Sciatica. It only took them two years to figure out it wasn't Sciatica, but a herniated disk. Left leg would go numb, lower back pain, passed out once from it...et al. Ortho found nothing, what a waste of time. Finally I was sent to a Neuro....one MRI later, "Hello!" Micro discectomy on the L5 S1 and I was gold...until I was assigned to Ft. Carson, CO. Eh...screwed it up and now I have three bad discs.

Seriously though, speak to the Doc about a disc issue.

M

Odd tho, I sat and I was good...opened the discs some. Standing and walking KILLED me. Sciatica is inflammation in your butt cheek area around the nerve that goes through the "hip bone." Hmmmm....still worth the ask.
SSGToms
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
entire network: 3,608 Posts
KitMaker Network: 512 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 16, 2013 - 05:24 PM UTC
Karl,
Just wondering, but do you have diabetes? If you do, it's probably not sciatica but diabetic nerve pain. Deadness and tingling (pins and needles) are textbook symptoms.
Be careful with the pain meds. 60% of all oxy and hydrocodone addicts are doctor created!