_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Ordering from MasterDetails.com and 0 service
Robbd01
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
entire network: 791 Posts
KitMaker Network: 161 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 09, 2013 - 09:15 AM UTC
It is not my intention of being a Troll but last month I put in an order with www.masterdetails.com. Other then the original auto response that my order was recieved, I have not had any response from them. I thought maybe they were going out of business but I got automated emails wishing me a happy 4th of July (US Holiday) and I believe was their resin cockpit upgrade set for the 1/32 HE-111 for sale. Several emails and now an open dispute with ebay. Has anyone else had this issue or is it just me
Robbd01
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
Posted: Thursday, July 11, 2013 - 12:48 PM UTC
Not a peep from them from my many email requests on status/update but after 3 weeks or so lo and behold a package showed up. Disappointing though some of my items are backordered. Sent another email on any info/eta, awaiting reply. So if you order from these people expect no communication and high postage ($9.00US to go from Pennsylvania to Arizona in 3 weeks - Squadron is half that and in less then a week with plenty of updates). Post this under - Buyer be cautious with this business

or maybe it just me.
golfermd
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
entire network: 152 Posts
KitMaker Network: 43 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 12, 2013 - 01:33 AM UTC
Sometimes unexpected life events happen (medical emergencies, family emergencies, etc.). If you feel you must take some action one nuclear option would be to contact your credit card company and dispute the charge. If the purchase was via Paypal contact them. Both are very good at resolving issues. they've got teeth.
Robbd01
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
Posted: Friday, July 12, 2013 - 01:54 AM UTC
I have done that. I was more looking to see if anyone else has had similar issues ordering from them. It seems that I maybe the exception or maybe not very many people order from them. I am actually hoping to hear positive answers because I actually would like to order again from them.
Robbd01
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
Posted: Wednesday, July 17, 2013 - 01:27 PM UTC
To be fair I should close this out by saying I did finally receive my order. Took a month (that is within the US at $9 buck$ shipping for a small order (the postage on the shipping box said about 2ish bucks). I was just concerned that they never replied to any of my emails or the posts I did on their website... So they lived happily ever after ;/

PS Does anyone have any good places/sites to order BSI CA glue ?

Cheers
 _GOTOTOP