TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
Just saw Timeline
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 27, 2003 - 05:44 AM UTC
OK here is the skinny. If you are one of those critical folks, you won't like it. My sister goes to flics all the time and didn't like it because of the acting. If you are like me, Ilove the premise and my goal to watching a movie is to be entertained. I liked it,I love Sci-fi so that predjudices me. There is plenty of action and adventure once the thing gets rolling. No big twists just an easy going story. Good Mideavil warfare flic. Go to be entertained not analytical otherwise you"ll spend more time finding reasons to dislike it. Maybe best to wait for a DVD/video release and rent it.
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 28, 2003 - 02:32 AM UTC
I know the book is great but the movie is getting flamed pretty had in the papers. My wife has no desire at all to see it so maybe I will hit a matinee...

Thanks for the heads up.

Shaun
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 28, 2003 - 07:30 AM UTC
I understand the movie was finished over a year ago but the studio decided to shelve it. That is never a good sign, if it's any good they bring it out right away. They just opened a new cheap theatre in town. They play movies that are either just about to, or already have, been released to video. The price is only 50 cents on Tuesdays, $1.00 for matinees. Guess I'll wait until this one hits that theatre. I had enough turkey yesterday.