_GOTOBOTTOM
Scratchbuilders!: Armor/AFV
This is a group for armor scratchbuilding questions, topics and projects.
Hosted by Mike Kirchoff
3D printing
mparham02
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
entire network: 60 Posts
KitMaker Network: 17 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 24, 2013 - 06:20 PM UTC
Does anyone know anything about 3D printing. My knowlege is very limited. I am currently building a 1/35 Tamiya Stuka Zu Fuss, and during the built I have lost one of the aming sights. So, I was wondering if I would be better to have the part recreated with 3D printing and correct the out of scale dementions of the kit part, or would I be better to scrath build the replacements. Does anyone know the cost of these services?
Teaker11
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 962 Posts
KitMaker Network: 154 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 25, 2013 - 12:35 AM UTC
Right now it would be better to see if you can get the part from the model maker, than 3D printing. the cost would well exceed buying another kit.
Jim
M1A1hunter2
Visit this Community
Wellington, New Zealand
entire network: 43 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 08, 2013 - 02:52 PM UTC
I've been 3D printing part for models and figures for about a year now I am a industrial design student in my third year, and if you need a had getting things made up in CAD I can help ya, the program I use most often is rhino it works amazingly well for nurbs surfaces and the flow to 3D printing is very fast. Places like shapeways are amazing and do very good work they use sls and extruded 3D printing. Pm me if you want a more detailed run down
 _GOTOTOP