_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Filipino Modelers Phorum
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Philippine Politics Thread
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 1,612 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,129 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 26, 2003 - 10:11 PM UTC
Ok ok ok, I know, this be a MODEL discussion board, and I understand current events topics are more-or-less "taboo" in certain forums (say, the History Forum, or Soldiers Stories forum, or the Spaceships forum, blah blah blah), and seeing the latest "FPJ-craze" #:-) on the "Stores..." thread, this thread came about, but I hope our Dear Moderator ( ) would understand hehehehe

This be a GENERAL DISCUSSION ON PHILIPPINE POLITICS THREAD (with some model-related issues, such as "What are the chances of Tamiya kits becoming higly prized kits that will be available only thru the black market thanks to FPJ becoming the President of the Philippines?" hehehehehe)

So... game ka na ba? #:-)
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, November 26, 2003 - 10:20 PM UTC
First post: My solution to the problems of the country, particularly Metro Manila (and I do mean problems, such as traffic jams, pollution, corruption, uncontrolled urban sprawl, etc. etc.) is simple - Operation Phoenix (most of you already know this with this morning's text message I broadcasted hehehe)

Operation Phoenix is simple. We round up all the good and essential people (that includes all bright, intelligent, smart, leggy, sexy, long black-haired chinitas of various ages - preferably from the age of 16 up to whatever age you fancy hehehehe) and keep them away from Metro Manila, say 50 kilometers from Metro Manila. Then we call up the People's Republic of China's embassy, humiliate their ambassador, then after that call up their president and insult him as well, and goad them to launch nukes at us. They'll be so ashamed for having their face insulted that they'll be glad to lob three or five nukes right smack at Metro Manila, turning it into a big black glass parking lot.

This is where all the good people come in. They rebuild Metro Manila, giving it 18-lane highways, high-speed above-and-underground MagLev rail system, a ten-runway international airport, lots of green parks, and fantastic architecture, all governed by an enlightened government.

Unsettling ain't I? #:-) Yes, I'm certifiably, positively, undoubtedly insane. #:-) #:-)
buck
Visit this Community
entire network: 437 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 27, 2003 - 04:08 AM UTC
VERY unsettling, GI. Certifiable.

50 kilometers is not a very safe distance. The chinitas may suffer from the fallout. Lets make it 250 to be safe. :-)
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, November 27, 2003 - 10:22 AM UTC
I heard yesterday that Bro. Mike Velarde is thinking of running for the presidency. He said all he's waiting is Divine Intervention.

I'LL GIVE HIM HIS DIVINE INTERVENTION!!!!!!!!!!

Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
entire network: 1,538 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 27, 2003 - 12:38 PM UTC
Well since this is the Filipino Phorum I don't see anything wrong with discussing our current events as long as we keep it civil Besides, an increase in Tamiya kit prices is definitely something to worry about. AND DON'T GET ME STARTED ABOUT THE PAINT!!!!
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, November 27, 2003 - 02:41 PM UTC
There's always Gunze... wait a minute... THAT'S JAPANESE TOO, RIGHT?!?!? Epfeejay must NOT become el prezidente!
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
Posted: Thursday, November 27, 2003 - 02:56 PM UTC
Well at least we'll still have Academy paints available. Tulco is a bit too thick for my liking
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, November 27, 2003 - 03:00 PM UTC
I tried Academy Enamels and I was disappointed. Doesn't adhere much - especially the white!
Fritz
Visit this Community
entire network: 495 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 27, 2003 - 05:29 PM UTC
When FPJ becomes the President I'll tell you what, A government full of
intelligent men able to do some deceptive public stunts & some big time
corruption at the same time as well will be finally led by a mere AMATEUR.
Plus we'll all get free double Pistols!

Bang! Bang!
Posted: Thursday, November 27, 2003 - 05:54 PM UTC
Uhh, sorry guys. I didn't mean to start anything by my post in the "Stores" thread. My apologies and I hope our esteemed Moderator will not bar me from this Forum.

But back to the topic...what did I tell you guys, huh? A record-breaking Php 55.86 yesterday! Galing talaga ni Epfeejay! NUMBER 1!!! And they have the gall to blame it on GMA. I wish to remind them to look how far the Peso dropped when Erap declared his candidacy years ago.

Maybe, just maybe, I'll change my opinion of him if he delivers his patented multiple stomach-punches to a couple of drug lords, real-life kidnappers, rapists and corrupt government officials.

Sorry Jeepney, I know this is not the venue for dumping our frustrations on peanut-brained personalities.

Now onto more pleasant topics - model paints. (This probably belongs to another thread, like cutting down on costs of modeling supplies...) Did you guys know that you can use Guilder or Paralux paint for your models. I've seen someone use it on a SEA-camouflaged F-4E Phantom & I couldn't tell the difference.

Ahh...that's more like it!
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
Posted: Thursday, November 27, 2003 - 05:57 PM UTC
Not a problem Hunter! We need to blow off some steam every once in a while
Fritz
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, November 27, 2003 - 10:22 PM UTC
Ahhh yes.........do you guys ever remember the days when one bottle of tamiya enamel paint cost around, ummm P30? or maybe tamiya acrylic paint(the bigger bottle) for around P50? Of course I was not a modeller back then but my cousin was & he was the one who told me all these.

Politics anyway, I heard in the news 2 days ago that some FPJ loyalist said that his idol is an ideal president by simply looking at his movies. In one movie FPJ was a Brgy Cpt. that fought drugs, physically fought drugs. In another movie he was a ?police? that cared for the needy.
I:( IS THIS GUY STUPID OR PLAIN GRRRRR.............BOBO!!!!!!!!
I mean, does he know the difference between movies & real life??????

I finally released some steam.........you can delete my post now Moderator Jeepney!
buck
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, November 28, 2003 - 03:34 AM UTC
Fritz,

I can still remember when Humbrol cost P9.95! Aaargh!!! the age thingy, not the age thingy!!

Jeep,

"Tulco" paints? I havent heard that brand before. You know what, if I were their marketing manager I'd adopt a consumer price-watch stance on the other paint brands. Any increase in Gunze or Tamiya paint prices will be reported to the Op Center: Isumbong mo kay Tulco.
Kidding!

All ye Unbelievers,

Laugh all you want, but come 2004 our great King FPJ will rule this small island nation! His ascension shall herald the dawn of a new era where economic fundamentals will be relegated to its proper place in the heirarchy of national priorities: before the regulation of tokwa and right after the ribbon-cutting of the Pitong Gatang Memorial. Where jackets, jeans and goodmorning towels shall be the norm. Where national interests must sway before the sovereign movie-going will of the masses. And where effective governance shall be gauged solely by the amount of small talk delivered in between national crises. Our motto: All hot air, no hardware. The power of twin pistols.
cardinal
Visit this Community
Visayas, Philippines
entire network: 1,008 Posts
KitMaker Network: 492 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 28, 2003 - 06:06 AM UTC
Ahh, Philippine politics, don't 'ya jaz luv it? I dunno what will happen if the King becomes pres. I just hope that the situation there doesn't get a lot worse than it is.
Fritz
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, November 28, 2003 - 12:57 PM UTC
You've got false hopes cardinal, It will get a lot worse here than it is already. Pray for us.
blitz
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 502 Posts
KitMaker Network: 432 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 28, 2003 - 06:10 PM UTC
OK, let's say or just imagine that FPJ becomes the president, does it mean that our country is "going down the drain".....o my, beloved motherland!!
buck
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, November 29, 2003 - 03:48 AM UTC

Blitz,

We already ARE down the drain. If he wins, we could get shoved farther down the sewers!
Im hoping for a miracle, but it seems inevitable. The King will take the palace. Im just --- like the song goes --- expecting the worst but hoping for the best.
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, November 29, 2003 - 01:23 PM UTC
At least, Erap had some "experience" as a public official before he became VP and P. FPJ is totally devoid of any experience. A person was ambush-interviewed and was asked about the FPJ run. The answer was "Pwede ba mag-kagawad muna siya."

Recent survey by Pulse Asia (I think - there's so many "honest, reputable, survey firms ) shows that Roco still leads the way, followed by the (Witch) King FPJ. BTW, that survey IIRC was limited only to Metro Manila. According to recent reports, if GMA, Roco, Lacson run, GMA has a bit of an edge, with the Visayas giving her the boost. If FPJ runs, he has Mindanao.

Funny thing about Roco is that I've heard the Bicolanos are not too happy about him. I can see many Metro Manilenos - particularly the youth - would vote for Roco. But, those at Bicol don't like him - which is telling, because he comes from that region. According to a group of governors there, they do not support Roco. One commented: "Ano ba ginawa ni Roco para sa Bicol?" Obviously, the way he was talking, the answer was a "no."

I hear that the PCCI will be hosting a debate between Lacson, FPJ and Roco. They want to know the economic platforms of these candidates. I hope they show it on TV.

Lacson has already intimated that he doesn't want the VP. It's still possible that FPJ might just withdraw for the presidential race and run as Lacson's VP. Now THAT would be an almost impossible tandem to beat. The strongest the admin can come up against that is a GMA-De Castro tandem.
cardinal
Visit this Community
Visayas, Philippines
entire network: 1,008 Posts
KitMaker Network: 492 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 30, 2003 - 04:56 AM UTC
I know that were in too deep now but there's always hope. I may not know the who's who in Philippine politics now (besides those already mentioned) but I'm hoping that the Filipino people would use their brains & vote wisely come election day. Quoting the late JFK "ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country."
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, November 30, 2003 - 07:52 PM UTC
Did anyone read the papers today (or was it yesterday) about Roco's presidential bid and his threat to march to Malacanang if he suspects any election fraud happening? Sounds like he's that desperate to win, as well as appealing from the rallying disillusioned left and unrealistic right wings of the political spectrum.

IMO, that outburst of his was stooooooooooooopid. ANYONE can simply say "Hey, na-dagdag bawas ako!" and the like. Will he follow-up on his threat? I reckon not. But nonetheless, it was stupid and merely shows to the world how immature our politicians are. Hell, at the rate this is going, I'm thinking of actually running for public office and set things damn straight and right! First Paranaque. Next... THE WORLD! Mwuhahahahahahaha!
buck
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, November 30, 2003 - 11:55 PM UTC
GI,

... and I will be your adviser. LOL.

Our programs:

1. Tax exemption on all models, paint and tools.
2. Mandatory modeling subject on all schools beginning third grade.
3. Priority parking for all modelers in all malls, restaurants, bars, cinema, concert venues, and government offices.
4. National defense procurement to pass rigid scrutiny of a panel of modelers who shall determine that kits of the item/s for procurement are widely available.
5. National ID system for all chinitas below 29 years of age.

Your Excellence, the cross-stitchers are on an uprising!

blitz
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Monday, December 01, 2003 - 12:16 AM UTC

Quoted Text

First Paranaque. Next... THE WORLD! Mwuhahahahahahaha!

world domination ..ehhhh
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, December 01, 2003 - 10:06 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Our programs:

1. Tax exemption on all models, paint and tools.
2. Mandatory modeling subject on all schools beginning third grade.
3. Priority parking for all modelers in all malls, restaurants, bars, cinema, concert venues, and government offices.
4. National defense procurement to pass rigid scrutiny of a panel of modelers who shall determine that kits of the item/s for procurement are widely available.
5. National ID system for all chinitas below 29 years of age.

1. Indeed! I vow to reduce the price of Tamiya kits by 50% and pass a law subsidising the importation of resin kits so that it will cost 25% less!
2. Third grade? No... start 'em where they're vulnerable... I say NURSERY! We used LEGO first for the kiddies.
3. Not just priority parking... each modeller will have the armor they desire to bring to office, school, etc. Up to Challenger I available only - unless the USA can offer a stripped-down version of the Abrams. No more steeeeeeeeeenking traffic jams! Nothing clears a lane like a 120mm rifled gun, loaded with HESH rounds, and a dozer blade at the front!
4. True true. No more steeeeeeeeeenking Simba if one can't build it in 1/35. I say M1A2SEP!
5. We start at 16. Anything below that and we'd be accused of pedophilia.

#:-) #:-) #:-) #:-) #:-) #:-) #:-)

Don't worry Blitz, you'll be Supreme Chancellor of the Canadian Territories of the Philippine Empyre! MWUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
blitz
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Monday, December 01, 2003 - 11:01 AM UTC
Can I guys add on our program or better yet put an addendum on our constitution

Phil. Constitution
Article 14, Section 18

(3) The State shall encourage and support Modelers through, scholarships, grants and other incentives.

GI, About the position your offering me I'll think about it.. #:-) #:-)
Fritz
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, December 02, 2003 - 09:01 PM UTC
How a about some of these:
1)Tax exemption for all modellers.
2)Allowance of no more than P 5000/year for all modellers.
3)Free movie tickets for all Modellers.
4)Each modeller will be given an FN MAG & 20000 7.62mm rounds for homeland security.

Watcha think?
 _GOTOTOP