_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Dragons Railroad products and other railroad
jackalone72
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 104 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 26, 2003 - 04:16 PM UTC
Okay Im trying to put together a diorama of a german railroad armor train i purchased Dragons armor wagens and flatbed and leopold railway gun also the other ommr products.Also Im trying to get a hold of one of Mission Models Armor railroad wagen the Pazerjager Triebwagen ( this model is great Im waiting to see if it is still available).So now Im looking to see what locomotive would I use for this train.I also Can't figure out scale of raildroad models would match the Dragon 1/35 models .

Any help would be great!!!
mj
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 1,331 Posts
KitMaker Network: 334 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 26, 2003 - 04:55 PM UTC
Wow, that is an ambitious project, and I’d love to see it. Unfortunately, I don’t think there is a direct correlation of R.R. modeling that corresponds to 1/35 scale. Here is a link that gives some detail on some that come close.

R.R. scales

Hope this helps some.

Mike
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,000 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,210 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 26, 2003 - 04:58 PM UTC
Howdy jackalone72,

First, welcome to the site! Glad to have you aboard, you'll enjoy your time spent here. Second, also glad to hear your going the 'RR' route with your modelbuilding. I have also thought about doing that, but there is only 24 hours in a day!
To help answer your question about the locomotive, The Tank Workshop carries a fine example of the Kreigs? Locomotive. In fact, on page #24, of Issue #34 of the most recent MMIR, you'll find a picture of the kit. Check it out.
I'm sure it's fairly expensive, but after hearing what you've already apparently spent on your quest, it shouldn't be all that bad.
HTH.

Tread.
zer0_co0l
Visit this Community
Limburg, Netherlands
entire network: 1,432 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 26, 2003 - 07:26 PM UTC
hi if you are looking for a cool train model in 1/35 try CMK they make 4 diffrent once and they rock fully resin and very nice they also have 3 figure sets wich contain german railway figures.

jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
entire network: 12,927 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,060 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 26, 2003 - 07:41 PM UTC
Take a look at Jordi Rubio's Site, they carry the Baluard range of Locomotives, flat cars and other bits and pieces. For track with 1/35, the scale (in model Railroads) is GUAGE 1
Here is the link:
Baluard

Jim
 _GOTOTOP