_GOTOBOTTOM
Photography
Questions about shooting your models and dioramas? Ask here.
Help!
Winter_Lion
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 87 Posts
KitMaker Network: 38 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 01, 2013 - 09:26 AM UTC
I have tried a galaxy II on macro......an IPad 2.......a Canon HD vid camera set on stills.

Nothing looks good.

I need some ideas.

Winter
Grauwolf
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 2,485 Posts
KitMaker Network: 480 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2013 - 04:01 AM UTC
Hi John,
If your are looking at doing serious photography, you should
consider a digital SLR. This will enable you to have total control of the images you shoot and they are very affordable.
All the other devices, are but a compromise.
Cheers,
Joe
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 03, 2013 - 11:11 AM UTC
The problem could be your lighting. I would recommend fluorescent, halogen, led, or ott lights. I'm not sure if you have a photo booth, but that makes a huge difference. I'm shooting with a Nikon Coolpix l20 and have had excellent results.
WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
entire network: 1,716 Posts
KitMaker Network: 76 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 22, 2013 - 09:06 PM UTC
John .. might just bad cameras mate ,,i use a $40NZ Fujiflim S3500 and this is the sort of photos i can take with it ,,its a damn simple camera to use to mate .

Hope this will help ya out ,,least you can see what this camera with do

Phill
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
entire network: 8,797 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,186 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 22, 2013 - 09:48 PM UTC
I have tested a lot of camera's through the years and I found out that it often depends on lighting. Make sure you have enough of it and make sure your whitebalance is set right to the circumstances.

That said. Even though I own a high end albeit a bit older Nikon D70S I never use it for my model photography. Instead I always use the cam of my Samsung Note which is quicker. Has a good light reception and actually makes better Macro shots then my Nikon. But again. Light light light is very important.
1:72 Fokker D.VII F

1:35 T-20 Komsomoletz tractor

1:35 Sculpt

Every photograph in this review

Are all photographed with the camera in my Samsung Note Cell phone, on a white background made with several A4 sheets taped together. Lighting comes in the form of a standard Halogen desklamp and a desklamp that is basically a bar of leds. The Whitebalance settings of the cam in the note are set to artificial (indoor) lighting.
 _GOTOTOP