_GOTOBOTTOM
Buy, Sell or Trade
This forum is for all selling and buying related topics.
WTB: Your stuff!
FlyRight
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 38 Posts
KitMaker Network: 12 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 - 05:53 PM UTC
A little forward if you will, I wanted to do some good with the extra raise money I have been making these last six months. Instead of spending more on myself I wanted to give to charity or something else, but the more I got to thinking I decided I should start something local and maybe try to get some teens to see the beauty of building that next great kit.
I am starting a local free modeling class to try and get some kids and their parents interested in scale modeling. As well as show the advantages of working in small scale and its relationship to learning in school through concentration, patience, and the sense of accomplishment when they have done their best. I have commissioned about 30 models from my stash to be the kits but my rather small paint and scenic stash is not going to last very long in the hands of a bunch of 13-18 year old kids and their folks I'm afraid. I am looking for any static grass/foliage/pigment/grass mats and the like. If you can get it at scenic express I can use it. I am also looking for a few used airbrushes and Tamiya paint. I have always believed in a strong sturdy paint like Tamiya especially when its being sprayed by parents for their younger kids or by teens. Acrylics only! This is not a "Please give me this for free post" I want to pay for all this. I am just looking for bottles/colors that you may not use a lot and the like. I want to see if I can buy used and see how this goes before I spend $300-$500 on new paint and scenic material. In any case thank you for reading and let me know if you have any items/paint you would want to sell. Have a great day. Ian
 _GOTOTOP