_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Filipino Modelers Phorum
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
For Sale: Built Star Wars Kits
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 1,612 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,129 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 23, 2003 - 07:47 PM UTC
My cousin (actually nephew - it's a long story, trust me) is selling his Star Wars kits. He needs to dispose of them ASAP because he's leaving for Australia this Friday. I must say, he's very good and I reckon maybe - big MAYBE - some people at IPMS-Phils (BAC) or even the old SCMP might know him.

Anyway, will post the pictures of his kits later tonight. I reckon it includes the Millenium Falcon.

My cousin's/nephew's name is Noel Navarro.
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, November 24, 2003 - 11:24 AM UTC
Here's what is for sale:

Battlestar Galactica (built up) with display stand

Millennium Falcon (built up and detailed). 2nd place winner in an IPMS sci-fi model contest. Approx. 1/72 scale. Trophy and display base not included.

(foreground)X-wing Fighter (built up and detailed). 1/72 scale. Open canopy with scratchbuilt cockpit detail. Painted up as "Red 5"; (background) Y-wing Fighter (built up). Approx. 1/83 scale. Open canopy with scratchbuilt cockpit detail.

(Right side) X-wing Fighter (built up). 1/72 scale. Closed canopy. Painted up as "Red Leader".

Darth Vader's TIE Fighter (unassembled). Approx. 1/24 scale. Complete parts and instructions. (no picture)

His email is: [email protected]

He says you just name your price and (if it's reasonable) IT'S YOURS!

Remember, he'll leave THIS FRIDAY and so anyone interested has to contact him before that.
blitz
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 502 Posts
KitMaker Network: 432 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 24, 2003 - 01:28 PM UTC
I have a suggestion.. why not auction it in E-bay, since those are gonna fetch big bucks..Kaso you say your cousin is leaving on Friday...hmmm paano kaya? by the way those are impressive works..
warthog
Visit this Community
entire network: 1,460 Posts
KitMaker Network: 366 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 24, 2003 - 08:43 PM UTC
GI: Tell your cousin, ganda ganda gawa niya....BTW do you by any chance saw a Tamiya Tiger I for sale in any modeling stores here in Manila?
shonen_red
Visit this Community
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 25, 2003 - 01:09 AM UTC
Wow! Sobrang ganda ng works nya! Add to that nanalo pa sya sa IPMS!

I must agree with blitz, auction in E-bay. But do not auction it while the location is Phil. Subukan nyang dalhin doon sa Australia then auction there for helluva bucks!
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, November 25, 2003 - 01:33 AM UTC
Thanks for the idea on EBay, but problem is he won't be able to bring the models to Aussieland, hence he's selling it now.

UPDATE: According to my sis, his asking price for the models is now ANY PRICE (as long as it isn't P1.00 and the like - baka mga P500 ok na yan). So... his emai address is up there, and if you're interested, do please contact him.

BTW, my other request is that assuming his Millenium Falcon hasn't been sold yet, may I request to the potential buyer to take real good care of that one, considering it got 2d in IPMS. I'd buy it meself but I'm short on cash (and living space - unless I can find a way to expand my hidden mountain lair...).

I was also thinking that maybe IPMS itself buy the Millenium Falcon and have it placed in their meeting room (fiawrc? Buck?).

BTW, on behalf of my nephew, thanks for the kind words on his builds. Yes, they are very excellent builds. In case you're interested further on his other works (not models though, apparently, his old site is gone already - and it showed lots of his models), check this link: http://noelzzz.deviantart.com/gallery/
blitz
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 502 Posts
KitMaker Network: 432 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 25, 2003 - 03:27 AM UTC
Hey GI, I did check Noel's work... Wow !!!!what an artist.. very talented...wish him well on his journey "Down Under"
 _GOTOTOP