_GOTOBOTTOM
Buy, Sell or Trade
This forum is for all selling and buying related topics.
jim are you going to make good on the 4 kits?
edwardteach
Visit this Community
Newfoundland, Canada
entire network: 23 Posts
KitMaker Network: 18 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 09, 2013 - 12:52 AM UTC
jim adams are you going to make good on the 4 kits?waiting for a reply?
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 09, 2013 - 03:58 AM UTC
Brian,
Yes... he will. He is a trusted staff member of this site and certainly not an online scam artist. If you really want to use the forum to state your case, then do that. Yelling out stuff, and creating duplicate posts is not the way to go about it.

Just saying...

Jim
edwardteach
Visit this Community
Newfoundland, Canada
Posted: Thursday, May 09, 2013 - 06:52 AM UTC
oh did not think i was yelling . some times its the only whey of getting the point across.
goldenpony
Visit this Community
Zimbabwe
entire network: 3,529 Posts
KitMaker Network: 422 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 09, 2013 - 10:35 AM UTC
Where to begin with this. I was liquidating a major portion of my 1/700 fleet about 2 years ago. I had sold a bunch of kits to Gerald and had no problem. The one package had all sorts of problems. I sent it out, it then came back to me from Canadian customs because of the wrong customs form.

I then sent it off again with the proper form. Then it went totally missing. The buyer did not want tracking, so there was not any. I do not keep every email from people because i am some what of a trusting person.

The kits were sent in good faith that they would wind up in the proper hands.

I have been a seller on Ebay since 1998 and have a spotless record. My selling practices have not changed in all that time. If it uninsured or not tracked, you are at the mercy of a postal service. Items do get lost and damaged.

I had originally thought this issue was settled, but after 8 or 9 months I start to get emails from Gerald again demanding kits. He doesn't want his money back, he wants kits. Again, I thought this was a dead issue, but this week I started to get emails from Gerald again demanding kits. I asked him to use a different email, but he kept sending them. Then this post. He wants me to go buy some kits and send them to him.

If there was tracking to show it was a lost package or even if there was insurance, then I would be more than happy to help.

I do not keep all my emails from every person I write, nor do I keep every receipt from every package I mail for ever.

Hopefully he will talk with me over email. We shall see.
Paintman1
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 61 Posts
KitMaker Network: 15 Posts
Posted: Saturday, May 11, 2013 - 12:56 AM UTC
Maybe this is none of my buisness, but I too have been a long time seller, on various sites with hobbies I have been involved with. I have also bought many items from people from all over.I guess what is strange, is why would you not want any type of tracking info for something that you have purchased or are going to receive through the various Postal Services? It makes no sense to me. By not doing so, you are just asking for trouble in my book. I always provide some type of tracking info regardless what the amount of the item or items that are sent out. There is a lot of fraud out there, and people trying to get one over on someone. I always take every measure to cover my own butt....so to speak.
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 10,553 Posts
KitMaker Network: 880 Posts
Posted: Saturday, May 11, 2013 - 08:01 AM UTC
I used to sell books on Amazon, and had a shipment go "missing." I say that with quotes because it was a small sale and I didn't track it. It was less than a dollar, but with the amount of the sale, didn't seem worth it.

Well, now I use a tracking number for EVERY sale I make. I recently had a review sample go missing from someone in Europe, and it was not a cheap kit. It can happen.

And this is not a criticism of Jim who is a good guy, just some perspective on this weird world.
edwardteach
Visit this Community
Newfoundland, Canada
Posted: Saturday, May 11, 2013 - 11:48 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Maybe this is none of my buisness, but I too have been a long time seller, on various sites with hobbies I have been involved with. I have also bought many items from people from all over.I guess what is strange, is why would you not want any type of tracking info for something that you have purchased or are going to receive through the various Postal Services? It makes no sense to me. By not doing so, you are just asking for trouble in my book. I always provide some type of tracking info regardless what the amount of the item or items that are sent out. There is a lot of fraud out there, and people trying to get one over on someone. I always take every measure to cover my own butt....so to speak.

i never thought there would be any issue about the tracking i was spending money i really coulden't afford .i was just trying to save a few dollars . guess it came around to bite me in the ass. that being said the kits i did get and bought were some good kits of mr. adams with out any issue's.
goldenpony
Visit this Community
Zimbabwe
Posted: Sunday, May 12, 2013 - 11:47 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I used to sell books on Amazon, and had a shipment go "missing." I say that with quotes because it was a small sale and I didn't track it. It was less than a dollar, but with the amount of the sale, didn't seem worth it.

Well, now I use a tracking number for EVERY sale I make. I recently had a review sample go missing from someone in Europe, and it was not a cheap kit. It can happen.

And this is not a criticism of Jim who is a good guy, just some perspective on this weird world.

When I did sell as my job full time I did require tracking. Every once and a while a person would tell me not to add it, I did anyway. Out of thousands of packages I have sent around 5-6 have been lost, including this one. In those instances, if it were insured that covered the loss. If not, we both loose. I as seller normally loose more. In this case he refused tracking to "save a couple bucks." I was getting rid of my 1/700 ship kits and selling at a good discount. we had done 2 or 3 transactions before and this one went bad. If it were tracked or insured, things would be different.

Now, I have this guy demanding kits or he will not go away. So, I am stuck. I have no 1/700 kits left. I have 2 1/350 kits and one 1/144 sub. He wants me to go buy more kits and send them to him. And to cover myself, I need to track it and get insurance to make 100% sure they either arrive, or get lost. All of this out of my pocket so this guy will leave me alone. In the end I loose close to $200 after all is said and done compared to about $50 or 60 he lost with the original lost package.

CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 10,954 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,873 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 12, 2013 - 12:02 PM UTC
Gerry I understand why you are upset but as you requested the parcel was not tracked it would seem you are going to have to take this on the shoulders. The next time you order pay the extra and get your delivery tracked as then both parties are protected.
sauceman
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 2,672 Posts
KitMaker Network: 179 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 12, 2013 - 12:08 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

When I did sell as my job full time I did require tracking. Every once and a while a person would tell me not to add it, I did anyway. Out of thousands of packages I have sent around 5-6 have been lost, including this one. In those instances, if it were insured that covered the loss. If not, we both loose. I as seller normally loose more. In this case he refused tracking to "save a couple bucks." I was getting rid of my 1/700 ship kits and selling at a good discount. we had done 2 or 3 transactions before and this one went bad. If it were tracked or insured, things would be different.

Now, I have this guy demanding kits or he will not go away. So, I am stuck. I have no 1/700 kits left. I have 2 1/350 kits and one 1/144 sub. He wants me to go buy more kits and send them to him. And to cover myself, I need to track it and get insurance to make 100% sure they either arrive, or get lost. All of this out of my pocket so this guy will leave me alone. In the end I loose close to $200 after all is said and done compared to about $50 or 60 he lost with the original lost package.

If it was his choice to go without tracking or insurance I say it's his loss. To bad so sad

cheers
edwardteach
Visit this Community
Newfoundland, Canada
Posted: Monday, May 13, 2013 - 08:50 AM UTC
i see im in the court of openinion here. that is how he got this 1 pass me . but when i started buying kits i never really though about tracking being souch a big issue.needless to say he's got my last dollar .i alway's say what goes around comes around.did he make good on those dozen or so deals that went bad?so he told me . did he make good on them or were they left hanging like i was!/
Winter_Lion
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 87 Posts
KitMaker Network: 38 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 13, 2013 - 09:27 AM UTC

Quoted Text

i see im in the court of openinion here. that is how he got this 1 pass me . but when i started buying kits i never really though about tracking being souch a big issue.needless to say he's got my last dollar .i alway's say what goes around comes around.did he make good on those dozen or so deals that went bad?so he told me . did he make good on them or were they left hanging like i was!/

Naw.....these are good peeps telling you how you screwed up. It's not opinion...it's facts. Protect yourself....tracking and insurance. I know it sucks.....I lost a shipment last week. I called the PO and complained. They asked if it was tracked and did I have insurance. Of course I did. They went and found my shipment pronto.

Let it go. Lesson learned.

Respects Winter
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 7,219 Posts
KitMaker Network: 981 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 13, 2013 - 09:51 AM UTC
There's no need to go out of your way to get tracking or to pay extra for it. When I send packages (and I just sent one today) it's automatic. Right under "Expected Delivery Date" on your receipt is the "Label #." That's all you need.
Thankfully out of hundreds of transactions I can't recall any problems in the US. I did have one to Boggie in Canada take WAY longer than expected, but when it arrived he saw that I sent it in a timely manner. I guess that's what you get when you live in the middle of nowhere...
I've had a few issues to Europe as well, but now that I know not to send CDs in plain brown wrappers, that hasn't happened any more. I wonder what they thought was in there?
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 13, 2013 - 10:57 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Jim has said he offered to refund you the money but that was not okay with you and you wanted him to supply the kits at whatever cost that was to him to acquire them. I note you don't mention that part of this at all. Is that because you dispute it or because you honestly feel he should provide the kits and not your money back?

Jim S.
edwardteach
Visit this Community
Newfoundland, Canada
Posted: Monday, May 13, 2013 - 11:08 AM UTC
[quote]
Quoted Text

Jim has said he offered to refund you the money but that was not okay with you and you wanted him to supply the kits at whatever cost that was to him to acquire them. I note you don't mention that part of this at all. Is that because you dispute it or because you honestly feel he should provide the kits and not your money back?
no man honestly i just him being around this stuff alot more then im it might of been easyier for him to get kits.Hasagawa Yukikazeis 1/700 waterline ijn akgi waterline 1/700 .i wanted those so much.
CMOT
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, May 13, 2013 - 11:28 AM UTC
Jerry; Do you accept that Jim did post these kits that have gone missing to you?
edwardteach
Visit this Community
Newfoundland, Canada
Posted: Monday, May 13, 2013 - 11:34 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Jerry; Do you accept that Jim did post these kits that have gone missing to you?

no sure.he sent them out but they got shipped back beacuse of a regulatry at the customs.but not sure if they were shipped back out.but if he is a man of his word he can re fund me.
goldenpony
Visit this Community
Zimbabwe
Posted: Monday, May 13, 2013 - 12:28 PM UTC
This all gives me a headache.
CMOT
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, May 13, 2013 - 01:46 PM UTC
In which case Gerry if you accept they were posted at best if it was me, you would get your $60 minus the postage costs which in this case is two lots of postage. After all why should Jim be the only one to lose out.
TopSmith
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 1,742 Posts
KitMaker Network: 58 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 13, 2013 - 02:32 PM UTC
It is good that Jim offered to return your money. I have two small orders pending with AEF and haven't received either, one from January and one from last month. I haven't gotten responses from my emails
Winter_Lion
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 87 Posts
KitMaker Network: 38 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 14, 2013 - 01:56 AM UTC

Quoted Text

There's no need to go out of your way to get tracking or to pay extra for it. When I send packages (and I just sent one today) it's automatic. Right under "Expected Delivery Date" on your receipt is the "Label #." That's all you need.
Thankfully out of hundreds of transactions I can't recall any problems in the US. I did have one to Boggie in Canada take WAY longer than expected, but when it arrived he saw that I sent it in a timely manner. I guess that's what you get when you live in the middle of nowhere...
I've had a few issues to Europe as well, but now that I know not to send CDs in plain brown wrappers, that hasn't happened any more. I wonder what they thought was in there?

I have personal friends in Switzerland and Denmark. I send em stuff all the time. Half goes missing. I think it might be felonious customs clerks.

When they send to me.........no problems. I get my caviar from Denmark and my choclates from Switzerland like clockwork.

Does that mean we have more honest customs clerks? Not likely. Just more incoming stuff....they can't steal it all...lol.

Winter
Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 4,691 Posts
KitMaker Network: 668 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 14, 2013 - 02:19 AM UTC
I find it insane that anyone has to pay insurance in shipping a package.when they take your package isn't the post office or company saying in effect,"we got this" ? Why should the customers have to pay extra to insure that the shipper does his job.In my opinion,neither the buyer or seller should have to worry about loss,the shipper should.

How did it come to this ? Do the dry cleaners say you need to pay more if you want to make sure we don't ruin your shirt ? Or do we pay the contractor more not to screw up ? I don't get it.

Just a rant
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 14, 2013 - 02:48 AM UTC
"Why" is quite simple. The postal employees want better pay and benefits for less effort.
I recently shipped a package to Canada, via USPS. I had both the "from" and "to" addresses written clearly, in the proper locations. The postal employee said that they had changed procedure in addressing mail and that I would have to buy a sticker. This sticker had on it, "from:" and "to:". I am still puzzled as to the new labeling system???
edwardteach
Visit this Community
Newfoundland, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, May 14, 2013 - 04:42 AM UTC

Quoted Text

This all gives me a headache.

edwardteach
Visit this Community
Newfoundland, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, May 14, 2013 - 05:34 AM UTC

Quoted Text

It is good that Jim offered to return your money. I have two small orders pending with AEF and haven't received either, one from January and one from last month. I haven't gotten responses from my emails

but will he return my money?
 _GOTOTOP