_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Miss fitting pieces
massonbd
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 4 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 07, 2013 - 07:17 AM UTC
Hey guys has I'm building a meng merkava mk3d. Has anyone had a proem with warped or mis fitting pieces it's not serious I mean for the most part this model is fantastic. but iv had a fiew parts that came warped out of the box. Such ass the upper armor plating on the turret. It is so to the point that I'm having a realy difacult time geting everything to seat properly. Also several of the small handles and rods for some of the more technical parts where bent or broken. like the baskets they where so bad I ended up having to scrap them. I'm sure some of that was my ow. Inexperience as I am very green to modeling. But I was wondering if anyone els had experienced such a problem with meng in the. put italicized text here
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 07, 2013 - 07:20 AM UTC
You can always try contacting Meng and seeing if they will send you replacements parts. But, they will likely required photos of the damaged parts.
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 7,219 Posts
KitMaker Network: 981 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 07, 2013 - 12:52 PM UTC
If the pieces are large enough you can try super gluing brass rod (won't bend like a lot of structural shapes will) to the back side of the piece to take the warp put. I've had to do this a few times and it works well if you have room to hide it.
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 10,954 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,873 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 07, 2013 - 01:30 PM UTC
You could try re-shaping with hot water the same as can be done with resin parts.
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 7,219 Posts
KitMaker Network: 981 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 07, 2013 - 03:43 PM UTC
That is true, but there seems to be a vast difference in Styrene, and I have had fair to awful results trying hot water. Resin seems (for me) to be more hot water friendly.
 _GOTOTOP