_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
Converting Measurements Feel Stupid asking
WilliamDeCicco
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 392 Posts
KitMaker Network: 17 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 06, 2013 - 03:27 PM UTC
I have a Abrams and need help with some measurements. I have a Excel Deluxe scale model reference Rule a 1/35 scale ruler that also has 1/72 an other scales , An one with inches and feet in 1/35 scale, an a meter an inches slide ruler from micro-mark.

To get back to the question at hand I wanted to let you know what I was working with first to understand why I don't understand how to use them with and there are some wire measurements in the kit I just can't get. I'm feeling stupid and are embarrassed to ask. How do I convert and use the rulers I have to get a 60mm, 40mm an 50mm wire from the rulers I have. I tried meter to mm and can't get it to work with the rulers I have.

Happy Modeling
Bill
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 17,694 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,968 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 06, 2013 - 05:57 PM UTC
Why do you need to convert it? The mm measurements in the kit are in 1/1 scale. Use a standard metric ruler which measures in mm and cm and you will be good.
pseudorealityx
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 2,191 Posts
KitMaker Network: 357 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 06, 2013 - 11:58 PM UTC
If the kit says you need a 50mm wire, they're talking about in real length, not scale length.

The scale rulers are useful if you're looking at blueprints or plans, or transferring real dimensions to something on your kit.

For example, if you know on the 'real' tank that part X was mounted 1 foot below part Y, you can use your scale ruler to measure 1 'scale foot' below part Y to mount your part X.
 _GOTOTOP