_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
My current project
Winter_Lion
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 87 Posts
KitMaker Network: 38 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 05, 2013 - 02:58 PM UTC
Hello yall

I am a retired USN P3 flight engineer(disabled). I live in Willis Texas on lake Conroe.

I built Monogram and Revell aircraft in the 70's and Hasegawa and Tamiya aircraft in the 80's. Verlinden and Super Scale decals were all we had then.

I am starting a project to chronicle my career. These will include an A-7e from VA-86 (Sidewinders).....a P-3B from VP-31. A F-16 built in 1981......the Blue Angels A4 that crashed at NAS Miramar in the late 70's. The USS Nimitz (plank owner) and the USS Ranger. Lastly.....a Boeing 737...circa 1991(Wichita)

Maybe a Top Gun F-5 Agressor and a VF-214 Tomcat as well.......if I live long enough.......lol.

I am starting with the A7.
1) Trumpeteer 1/32 kit
2) Aires cockpit set
3) OOP Cutting Edge VA-86 decals
4) Eduard canopy masks

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks for having me.

Respects......Winter
russamotto
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
entire network: 3,389 Posts
KitMaker Network: 625 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 05, 2013 - 04:38 PM UTC
John, welcome aboard. I'll follow your projects with interest.
Littorio
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 4,728 Posts
KitMaker Network: 279 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 05, 2013 - 07:21 PM UTC
Hi John and greetings from the other side of the pond, I'll be following along on your builds as I have a interest in the Nimitz and will also be building a A-7 from the Sidewinders although I'll be doing them in 1/48 and 1/350 ( with the ship from her 77 Med' cruise )
Winter_Lion
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Monday, May 06, 2013 - 01:40 AM UTC
Thank you both for the welcome.

I used to build solely in 1/48. I loved the idea of being able to display more of them at once and the kit choices were much better. But my eyes aren't what they were and I'm hoping the larger scale will be more relaxing.

I served aboard the Nimitz in 1975. She was wet behind the ears and so was I. What a grand warship for a 17 yr old sailor to be a part of. She sailed out of Norfolk Virginia back then. Now she calls Bremerton Washington home I believe.
Winter_Lion
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Monday, May 06, 2013 - 05:54 AM UTC
Just ordered some specialty tools and paint....filler....thinner...etc. this is starting to get expensive.....lol.

Breaking out my airbrushes today. Give em a good tune-up. A Pasche and a Badger. It's been awhile. They have been in hibernation for at least ten years.

Winter
golfermd
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
entire network: 152 Posts
KitMaker Network: 43 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 07, 2013 - 06:56 AM UTC
Welcome aboard John. I, too, look forward to following your builds. And PICTURES. lol I am also disabled and this hobby provides a meaningful way of relaxing.
Winter_Lion
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Tuesday, May 07, 2013 - 08:24 AM UTC
Thank you Dan.
I was disabled loading nuclear depth charges into a P3 bomb bay. That was many years ago and I haven't relaxed yet...lol.

Well.....you can imagine.....yikes!

Winter
 _GOTOTOP