Local, Regional, or International.
Sad news from MFCA
socko47
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 29 Posts
KitMaker Network: 23 Posts
Posted: Saturday, May 04, 2013 - 10:36 AM UTC

It is with great sadness the MFCA Family has to report the passing of Vern Minkwitz. Vern was a long-time member of MFCA, an avid painter, teacher, and participant in many figure shows. He had a wealth of knowledge of history, modeling materials, and technique. He is well known for the quality of his flat painting, even after making the move from oils to acrylics. The modeling community will miss him.

Vern's date of birth was Sept 20,1945, he was 67 years old. He passed away May 3, 2013. His death was peaceful with his family in attendance.

His wife, Margaret, has expressed Vern's strong belief in the mission of the Artists Preservation Group and asked that donations be made to them in Vern's honor.

http://www.artistpreservationgroup.com/

There is a donate button that has a poor link and I have asked that this be corrected with the possibility of a special section to donate in Vern's honor.
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 05, 2013 - 08:38 AM UTC
Very sad news for me to hear, I have not seen Vern in several years but knew him since the 70's, A stand up guy with a heart of gold. He will be missed by many.
 _GOTOTOP