_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
dry transfer decals
mj
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 1,331 Posts
KitMaker Network: 334 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 02, 2002 - 03:57 AM UTC
I've been thinking of trying out some of Verlindens dry transfer decals. Does anyone have an opinion on them? Do you need to gloss-coat before applying them, or can they go on right on the flat finish? Do you need to fix them with anything?...like applying a final coat of flat-coat? Sorry for all the questions, but I've never used these before.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 02, 2002 - 04:15 AM UTC
Sometimes they can be rather tricky to apply. You attempt to line up the dry transfer and then rub it with some sort of stylus. I usually use a pencil, that way you can tell where the decal was pressed down.
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
entire network: 5,579 Posts
KitMaker Network: 538 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 02, 2002 - 04:15 AM UTC
I was just about to write a simmilar question. I'm about to get some dry transfers from Archer... As far as I know there is no need for gloss coat or fixation. Just weather it with the model. Am I right guys?

GO CROATIA!!!

Mario M.

Epi
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 3,586 Posts
KitMaker Network: 453 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 02, 2002 - 08:47 AM UTC
I like to use dry transfers to make my own bumper numbers on my modern vehicles.
To make it easier on applying them, I like to rub them down on BareMetal Foil brand clear decal paper and then apply like a regular wet decal. If you trimm them relly close, you can barely tell they are on a water decal. Then just seal them with the appropriate clear finish.
 _GOTOTOP