_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Filipino Modelers Phorum
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Next Gen Bird Ready for Take Off!!!
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Saturday, November 22, 2003 - 12:37 AM UTC
Hi guys! Finally manage to finish my Revell 1/72 F-22.

http://www.shonen-red.150m.com/military_models_aircraft.htm

Tell me what you think! For the others, you can browse to my site to see my previous works.
buck
Visit this Community
entire network: 437 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, November 22, 2003 - 02:34 AM UTC
Hey, nice Raptor, Shonen! Medyo dark lang some photos but I could still see the details. Good job!

Ive been wanting to build both the F-22 and the FA-18E/F pero siguro Ill just wait for production birds rather than prototypes. Siguro by 2007 me production kits available na.
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, November 22, 2003 - 02:56 AM UTC
Thanks! Ack! Bili na nga ako ng bagong lighting na nga! I have here the F/A-18E by Tamiya in 1/72. Di ko matapos tapos, wala kasi akong magawang gimik dito.
buck
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, November 22, 2003 - 03:05 AM UTC
I was actually a little hesitant to even consider buying an FA-18E/F in any scale or brand. I feel kasi na wala siyang K na pumalit sa F-14. But Ive accepted the fact that the Tomcat is an old bird. Eh medyo cutting edge subjects ang gusto ko so Ive decided to buy a production version pag lumabas na. Btw, most of the Tamiya 72nd releases are reboxed Italeri, which is not that bad, really.

Nga pala, Ive posted some of my work in my gallery. Feel free to take a peek.
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, November 23, 2003 - 02:10 AM UTC
Wow! Nice work out there buck! I like the Pinoy plane. Are those markings actually Pinoy ones? Did you build the entire kit OOB or with extra thingys?

BTW, funny it seems, I've painted my F-22 with light grey and it turned out bluish in the pic!
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
entire network: 1,612 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,129 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 25, 2003 - 01:07 PM UTC
Looking at your F22 as we speak (by FlyCam - the wireless camera mounted on a robotic fly, giving you video coverage within a radius of 80 kilometers hehehehe! Hey look guys! It's Shonen's stash of Playboy magazines! ). Very nice build Shonen! I like the clean build and the great paint job. As you already know, I suck at airplanes. I need lessons from you. :-)

Buck: I have basically the same F/A-18E kit of Tamiya (this time, by Revell - they're the same Italeri kit). The guys at www.acig.org say - and I second it - that the intakes are a lady of a fit. Haven't really made any progress on the kit but it looks good - except for the bad fit of the intakes.
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, November 25, 2003 - 07:23 PM UTC
No problem. Tell me where you really need help. The body construction of most AC kits is a breeze. The greatest problem in that kit is it's cockpit, gears and weapons.

Here's how I do my AC's

1. Do the cockpit first
2. Add the body to the kit
3. Mask the cockpit
4. Close all seam lines and paint the body as a whole
5. Now do the other parts and detail the plane

I hope this helps. You still have my e-mail addy so if you need help, just gimme progress shots and I may help you. Goodluck!
buck
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, November 25, 2003 - 07:31 PM UTC
Shonen,

Thanks! Glad you liked 'em. The F-5B was originally part of a pair that I built. I later gave the A model to a friend of mine. I added details in the cockpit, mainly. But there are some corrections that must be done if youre going to build an ESCI kit (in 72 the best by far --- the Italeri and Revell F-5A and F-5B are ESCI re-issues). The markings I just fabricated. But the guys at IPMS-BAC are now working on ready-to-use PAF markings for both 1/72 and 1/48. I'll keep you posted.

GI,

Thanks for the heads-up. As soon as they come out with front line markings I'll get myself an E/F.
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, November 25, 2003 - 07:33 PM UTC
"Buck: I have basically the same F/A-18E kit of Tamiya (this time, by Revell - they're the same Italeri kit). The guys at www.acig.org say - and I second it - that the intakes are a lady of a fit."

Hehehe apparently, Armorama's software changed "b1tch" to "lady", resulting to above. It's supposed to be: "... that the intakes are a b1tch of a fit." The software totally changed the context of the sentence hahahaha!

SR: Aye! Will contact you when I start doing aircraft again. :-) BTW, nice to see you participating in two campaigns now. :-)
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, November 25, 2003 - 07:39 PM UTC
Yeah! You can repay me by helping me do my T72 hehehe. I'm almost done in it. Will post in in maybe 3 weeks since finals is coming near.
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, November 25, 2003 - 07:53 PM UTC
BTW, what brand is that T72?
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, November 25, 2003 - 07:57 PM UTC
The Tamiya one. I bought this from Singapore when my dad had a business trip. Too bad no M1A1and M2A2 ODS to fight with
 _GOTOTOP